• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

FS: Red Emp, Rubescens Breeding Groups

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Hi all,

Came back from Milwaukee with a few too many bags and need to clear up some tank space.

First, I have my group of Ruby Red/Rubescens Peacocks. The group is 1M/6F, with the male and 2 females being about 5". The others are a bit smaller, ranging from 3"-4". I have had this group for over a year now, and grew up most of the fish from 1.5". I have supplemented the group with females from two other club members to change up the blood a bit. They breed like clockwork and are great fish. Asking $75 for the group.

Note the male's fins are a bit tagged up from another male hap in the tank. This has not affected his behavior or appetite and should fix themselves in no time, given their space.

232323232%7Ffp63396%3Enu%3D34%3C7%3E846%3E257%3EWSNRCG%3D32%3B2%3B%3B%3C299348nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp6326%3A%3Enu%3D34%3C7%3E846%3E257%3EWSNRCG%3D32%3B2%3C36936348nu0mrj

The second group is the wild strain Protomelas taeniolatus/red empress (not line bred "Super Red"). This is the same species/varient fish from my winning POTM pic from June, but this one is sporting a bit more red at a much younger age (POTM: http://www.capitalcichlids.org/forums/showthread.php?t=7426). He will eventually color up to be full red across his flanks and keep the blue face and shoulder.

The male is about 5" long and the females are just shy of that (4"-4.5"). They are a proven trio. Asking $40 for the group.

232323232%7Ffp633%3A3%3Enu%3D34%3C7%3E846%3E257%3EWSNRCG%3D32%3B2%3C36933348nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp63269%3Enu%3D34%3C7%3E846%3E257%3EWSNRCG%3D32%3B2%3B%3B%3C298348nu0mrj

I'm really bummed to see these two groups go after putting a lot of time and effort into them, but need to clear up some tank space. I'm sure that someone will enjoy them as much as I have. :)

Shoot me a PM. Pickup at my house in Gaithersburg. I could also bring them up to Julie's this weekend if buyer will be there before 1:30 or so.

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:

YSS

Members
Love to pick up the red empress male .... I recently lost ton of fish in both my african and discus tanks after water changes. I had a nice red empress pushing close to 8", but found him dead in the morning after a water changes... :-( Wouldn't mind getting the male peacock either, but I am sure you want someone to take the group.

chris_todd

Members
Spousal approval obtained! They're actually for her, and as Holly said, they're so purrrty, it didn't really take any convincing. :)

Tony

Spousal approval obtained! They're actually for her, and as Holly said, they're so purrrty, it didn't really take any convincing. :)

Excellent.

Thanks Chris. You guys won't be disappointed. :D

I'll give you a buzz later on this evening.

chris_todd

Members
Chris, when are you free to come by and grab those lemon jakes? :)

May I assume you're referring to reel_addiction with this post? Because I wasn't aware I was getting any lemon jakes from you... though I wouldn't mind, as I already have one male...

And bummer, but perhaps I didn't make it clear that I wanted both the haps and peacocks... I sent you a PM, but your inbox is full... Nonetheless, it sounds like Yun could use the haps more than I can. Yun, perhaps I'll have a chance to meet you Sunday afternoon when I pickup the Ruby Red peacocks. It's always nice to put a face on the forum handle...

Tony

May I assume you're referring to reel_addiction with this post? Because I wasn't aware I was getting any lemon jakes from you... though I wouldn't mind, as I already have one male...

And bummer, but perhaps I didn't make it clear that I wanted both the haps and peacocks... I sent you a PM, but your inbox is full... Nonetheless, it sounds like Yun could use the haps more than I can. Yun, perhaps I'll have a chance to meet you Sunday afternoon when I pickup the Ruby Red peacocks. It's always nice to put a face on the forum handle...

Yeah... I've promised my group of lemon jakes to reel_addiction. :)

Sorry for the misunderstanding, Chris. My inbox is generally pretty full and I got a bunch of PMs all around the same time yesterday afternoon. I have some other stuff that you may be interested in though. We'll take a look around when I see you on Sunday.

Back off Pal;):D.

When ever Tony, looks like everyone is coming Sunday, let me know a time if you dont mind us all being there at once.

chris_todd

Members
Yeah... I've promised my group of lemon jakes to reel_addiction. :)

Sorry for the misunderstanding, Chris. My inbox is generally pretty full and I got a bunch of PMs all around the same time yesterday afternoon. I have some other stuff that you may be interested in though. We'll take a look around when I see you on Sunday.

It's cool, man, it's all good. All your fish are so awesome, I'm surprised your inbox isn't full all the time. :) Looking forward to seeing all your new acquisitions when I come by Sunday!

Tony

It's cool, man, it's all good. All your fish are so awesome, I'm surprised your inbox isn't full all the time. :) Looking forward to seeing all your new acquisitions when I come by Sunday!

Nah, nothing like that.. I just get lazy and have a bunch of old messages that I need to go back and delete. :)

Looking forward to seeing you guys as well.

Tony

Thanks again for stopping by and picking up those fish yesterday, fellas. I was able to clear out a bunch of new space to give some of my new guys room to stretch their fins a bit.

Hope the new fish bring you as much joy as they've brought me over the last year or so.

You rock. :party0007:

YSS

Members
Thanks, Tony. It was nice finally meeting you in person. Same goe for Chirs, Chirs, and Michael. Fish are doing well. The male red empress were being seriously harassed by my vic sp.44 last night, seemed to have settled things out by morning. :)