• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Automobiles?

cmcpart0422

Members
Got that link to work finally hahahah. Well I Guess a wheelie is a wheelie even if it is the back wheels. Do you know the extent of the damage? Im sure both the tranny and the engine was not happy about that move.

Thai

Members
nyuck,nyuck,nyuck.

I love Supras but its an old joke that they cant break the 12's cuz it takes them 1000ft to spool up.

My buddy has a white Supra that runs 9's :eek:
Ben's right? I wonder if Brads (White also,CF hood, CF rear diffuser, red varianzas) is running 9's yet....

Oh do you know Tony? Silver single turbo Stang I think... he used to be SC might still be but its fast as hell

Ben use to be in the Z crowd too like Phil & I :cool:

DSC02415.jpg

017.jpg

F8LBITE

Members
yeah man! Ben, Tony and Brad I think, and I are all going to Bryan's lake house next weekend. Tony put the blower back on his car he's waiting on his break in on his new motor to get tuned. Its gonna be a monster. Nice Z dude.

Thai

Members
yeah man! Ben, Tony and Brad I think, and I are all going to Bryan's lake house next weekend. Tony put the blower back on his car he's waiting on his break in on his new motor to get tuned. Its gonna be a monster. Nice Z dude.

Tight tight, yeah I used to work with Tony & Brad at lexus

Tell them Thai said whats up

Lively

Members
I laughed all the way through this thread - ya'll are nuts! :lol:

I worked with a guy who did the drifter thing, I think he mighta been in that DVD you mentioned Donkey.

Now ya'll can laugh at me, my favorite car was a Pinto, '76 I think. I know, I know. But, it had a great suspension and I had a bad habit of going far too fast on roads that were far too hilly. It started with little wheelies when I crested the hill. Then a guy friend foolishly said my driving couldn't scare him - I think he soiled himself when we went full airborn.

It really sucked when the bearings went bad on it, it was never the same after that.

Lively

Members
No, seriously. :p I remember it had a suspension that was used in a racecar with rack and pinion steering. It really was a great little car.

I had a '68 Valiant prior to it and that tank was a solid steel beheamouth. Good thing too, it went airborn with a couple of twists and rolls. Fractured my back, my left cheekbone and bruised the bones in both my legs - pre seatbelt days. I think I was going about 90 at the time.

And my Pinto could and did beat other "better" cars - I really miss driving fast, I have a minivan now... sigh. Like Pat said - Kids.

iamzrad

Members
I once took my '96 Jeep grand cherokee airborne!
That was a fun day.
Oh, I miss the days of offroading :(

Lively

Members
I used to live outside Richmond in Chesterfield... I've seen a couple of treed Z's... One didn't look to have a mark on it - just hanging in the crotch - off a road called, "Snake Road" and it was well named!

Thai

Members
YIKES! safe car I guess! What happened?
Brad & Tony both tease me saying I lost control but heres the real story

Was on a late night run through the twisties with some Z/G guys and this was the second day I had it since buying it new so I was in the back of the pack with only one other guy behind me sine his car was new too, but we were driving pretty conservatively

I dont remember anything from about an hour before to an hour after the accident but guy behind me said that we were going around a sharp blind corner and an Accord was going way too fast towards us and was using both lanes to compensate so I barely managed to avoid a headon collision by swerving out of the way, but the road being as narrow as it was I managed to make it back on the road for a little while before fish tailing and flipping her a good 150ft

iamzrad

Members
Oh **** Thai! I never knew that!!! And I thought we were best friends...er!

I've had a friend flip her 180sx on some twisties. She took a turn (hairpin) too sharp, kicked the dirt, started spinning, flew into a ditch, back onto the road, then into another ditch. Took out a telephone pole, rolled 3-4 times, and landed on her roof. Her car was slightly modded, but no roll cage. And I was behind her the whole time screaming my head off.
She managed to get out of the car safely, with no bruises nor scratches, truly a miracle. And she had a regular 'ole safety belt, not even a bucket/aftermarket seat.