• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

FS: Fish, Shrimp, Plants

Becca

Members
Pick up in Damascus, MD. Delivery to CCA BBQ is available.

Fish
  • White cloud mountain minnows - home grown - 6 for $10.
  • Lasiancistrus tentaculus (I think 2F, 1M, but not certain) - 3 for $90
  • Pair of Biotoecus dicentrarchus - $80.
  • Corydoras sp. (probably schultzii, wild type) - 3 for $10.
  • 1 ginormous green cory (aeneus) - $2 (had her forever and she'd probably love to go with some of her own kind).
  • 2 x female Teleogramma brichardi - adult size - gorgeous - $15 each.
  • Brush nose plecos - brown and abino - $1 if under 2", $2 if over.
  • Pairs of Norman's lampeye killifish - easy, temperate fish - $6.
  • Striped Raphael cat - hardy armored cats - large size - 2 available - $10. These guys can handle larger/somewhat aggressive fish.
  • "Rescued" striped Raphael - free to good home - he's a bit deformed due to being raised in a tight space but is in good health now.

Shrimp
Neocaridina -
  • Red Cherry - 6 for $10.
  • Blue Diamond - 6 for $15.

Caridina -
  • Malawa - "the easy Sulawesi" is great for a feeder colony or algae eating crew - 10 for $10.
  • Caridina cf. babaulti "Indian Zebra" - juveniles - this shrimp grows slowly and lives longer than others I've worked with. It does not cross-breed with tiger or bee shrimp and can be maintained just like Neocaridinas (easy) - 6 for $25.
  • Tangerine tiger shrimp. Easier Caridina type that does best below 78 degrees - 6 for $30.

Plants
  • Mixed moss - $5 for a golf ball sized clump, $10 for a tennis ball.
  • Guppy grass - $5 for a tennis ball sized clump.
  • Driftwood with java fern, anubias, moss, and/or bucephalandra - $20-$40 depending on size/plants.
  • Grab bags - $10 - low/moderate light and easy mix.

I will get photos up later. I'm around today and tomorrow due to lack of childcare. Otherwise, Friday and weekend pickups are best.

For delivery to the BBQ please let me know what you want by noon on Friday, 8/10. If you ask me to bring something to the BBQ, please, for the love of all that is good and holy or whatever, show-up! I have 2 young kids so getting the time to bag fish is challenging. If you request delivery of critters or plants and I have to take them back home, I will send you the bill for my mental healthcare.

Speaking of kids, my 2-yo just hauled a folding chair out of the dining room... I'm afraid to even ask what he's doing.

chriscoli

Administrator
I will take your Lasiancistrus and a 6-pack of blue diamond shrimp, please.

Also, if you have no takers for the green cory, I can take her too and put her with mine.

Becca

Members
I will take your Lasiancistrus and a 6-pack of blue diamond shrimp, please.

Also, if you have no takers for the green cory, I can take her too and put her with mine.

I am happy to throw her in for you, she couldn't go to a better home. I'll get to work on catching those Lasiancistrus. I'll have to admit, I'll miss saying to people "Oh those? Those are Lasiancistrus tentaculus."

mchambers

Former CCA member
I am happy to throw her in for you, she couldn't go to a better home. I'll get to work on catching those Lasiancistrus. I'll have to admit, I'll miss saying to people "Oh those? Those are Lasiancistrus tentaculus."
I am still disappointed that those aren't some sort of freshwater cephalopod.

Becca

Members
Ok - pictures. Photography, by the way, is not one of my strengths.

Teleogramma brichardi. As you can see, they're not shy.IMG_9672.JPG IMG_9666.JPG

Biotoecus dicentrarchus - that's the female. The male looks similar, but slightly more iridescence along the top of the dorsal fin and a more angular build.
IMG_9647.JPG

Y'all know what white clouds and plecos look like.

Blue diamond shrimp
IMG_9614.JPG

Indian zebra shrimp- I don't have a single photo that does these guys justice. Part of what is so cool about them is the way they move._MG_9641.JPG
Tangerine tiger shrimp - one of the larger growing varieties that will breed in captivity. Adult females get near 2" at full size.
_MG_9643.JPG

In case anyone has forgotten just how red my cherry shrimp are, here's an out of focus picture. Apologies if you're red/green colorblind.
IMG_9675.JPG

For reference, the wood is all placed on top of a 40B and in front of a 10 gallon. It'll give you an instant planted tank with relatively low light needs.

Wood piece 1 - anubias, java fern (regular, narrow leaf, and windelov), plus multiple varieties of bucephalandra. You'd pay $40 just for the plants online or in a store. This piece is $40
IMG_9650.JPG IMG_9651.JPG IMG_9653.JPG

Wood piece 2 - $25 - primarily narrow-leaf java fern with some bucephalandra.
IMG_9655.JPG IMG_9657.JPG IMG_9656.JPG

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
I would like to buy wood piece 2 and a mixed bag of plants. I can pick them up before the meeting if your in Gburg.

Becca

Members
Bump. Updated list below.

Fish
  • White cloud mountain minnows - home grown - 6 for $10.
  • Brush nose plecos - brown and abino - $1 if under 2", $2 if over.
  • Striped Raphael cat - hardy armored cats - large size - 2 available - $10. These guys can handle larger/somewhat aggressive fish.
  • "Rescued" striped Raphael - free to good home - he's a bit deformed due to being raised in a tight space but is in good health now.

Shrimp
Neocaridina -

Caridina -
  • Malawa - "the easy Sulawesi" is great for a feeder colony or algae eating crew - 10 for $10.
  • Caridina cf. babaulti "Indian Zebra" - juveniles - this shrimp grows slowly and lives longer than others I've worked with. It does not cross-breed with tiger or bee shrimp and can be maintained just like Neocaridinas (easy) - 6 for $25.
  • Tangerine tiger shrimp. Easier Caridina type that does best below 78 degrees - 6 for $30.

Plants
  • Large (20"+) Driftwood with java fern, anubias, moss, and bucephalandra - $40 (Wood 1 in photos above)
  • Grab bags - $10 - low/moderate light and easy mix.
  • Water lettuce - $1 per plant
  • Water hyacinth - 2 for $3

Becca

Members
Bump. Updated list below.

Fish
  • White cloud mountain minnows - home grown - $1 each.
  • Brush nose plecos - brown and abino - $1 each, regardless of size.

Shrimp
Neocaridina -

Caridina -
  • Tangerine tiger shrimp. Easier Caridina type that does best below 78 degrees - 6 for $30. Sold out

Plants
  • Large (20"+) Driftwood with java fern, anubias, moss, and bucephalandra - $35 (Wood 1 in photos above, price lowered)
  • Grab bags - $10 - low/moderate light and easy mix. Sold out
  • Water lettuce - $1 per plant
  • Water hyacinth - 2 for $3
Supplies
  • Used 30 breeder, tank only, see other post for details - $20.
  • 2x Fluval U4 internal filters - $20 each.

lisa walker

CCA Members
Hi Becca, can you add to my order the following: Picking up at the picnic.

• Red Cherry shrimp- 12 for $20. ( can you put 6 in two separate bags please, I'm buying my daughter a bag)
  • Blue Diamond shrimp - 6 for $15
  • and one more grab bag
Thanks

Becca

Members
Hi Becca, can you add to my order the following: Picking up at the picnic.

• Red Cherry shrimp- 12 for $20. ( can you put 6 in two separate bags please, I'm buying my daughter a bag)
  • Blue Diamond shrimp - 6 for $15
  • and one more grab bag
Thanks
I've got it, thanks!