• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Worms in native bass!!

samsmobb

Members
Some bass I caught had some red worms on the top of it's mouth. Bright red, once longish and perfectly healthy looking (in a bad way)
What types of parasites are these? They were in like 3 of the 5 bass I caught and I had to get tweezers to pull them out n relieve the bass!

9963CE54-2F3A-42E0-863C-E768295875C1-555-000000DA31209387.jpg

ddavila06

Members
idk what they are but nice fish!!!

i see parasites in catfish all the time..usually their bellies, easy to pick out by hand.

where do u fish? im eager to go out! maybe tomorrow, maybe

samsmobb

Members
I usually fish everywhere around Montgomery county in md, just try and find an area that hasn't been fished much lol
The worms are strikingly similar to black worms in body size and shape however they are red like blood worms and live under the skin around the roof of the mouth of the fish.

samsmobb

Members
I only found them in one lake I caught fish in but ill still try and contact DNR.
I doubt they are anchor worms, they seem more like what I saw was called nematodes