• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

World Cup 2010 South Africa!

George

CCA Charter Member and person in charge of the we
90 minutes and 0-0 tie?? At least if you watch a chess game, it's boring, but someone wins.
Now you definitely made the wrong analogy for your case. Chess games OFTEN end in a draw and you actually made a great analogy for these soccer fans. Imagine you playing chess to a draw with Bobby Fischer (one of the best who ever played). It would be an upset of mammoth proportion. Well the U.S. tying England isn't as impossible as you even getting a game with Bobby, but much as I am not interested, it is close to a win for the U.S. to draw England, right you soccer nuts?

How about that Strasburg? Not as good as last outing but the kid is getting his footing (punny?). I sure want to see him against the Cardinals or the Yankees or someone with real bats.

BEER PONG!!!????? I knew Wil and I could find common ground.

George

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
World Cup 2010 Results from the Weekend:

South Africa 1-1 Mexico Algeria 0-1 Slovenia

Uruguay 0-0 France Serbia 0-1 Ghana

South Korea 2-0 Greece Germany 4-0 Australia

Argentina 1-0 Nigeria England 1-1 United States

Games for today are The Netherlands vs. Denmark 7:30am ESPN

Japan vs. Cameroon 10:00am ESPN and Italy vs. Paraguay 2:30pm ESPN.

iamzrad

Members
Always exciting to watch the World Cup.
I was shocked England scored within the first 4 minutes of the match on Saturday!

Kinda off topic, but not really. I attened one of my good friend's wedding on Saturday and her, now, husband is a huge soccer fan (as well as playing the game). Well, at one point of the husband's father's speech, he jokingly said that he was counting down the days of the world cup than his own wedding (which ironically was on the same date) lol.

Leffler817

CCA Members
I still can't believe the the goal that Brit keeper gave up for the U.S.! Christmas came early this year. lol.

WendyFish

Members
I still can't believe the the goal that Brit keeper gave up for the U.S.! Christmas came early this year. lol.
I felt so bad for that guy. I gotta love the draw against England but to be the one person whose mistake is standing behind that, I felt the pain watching the ball roll over the line (and was the first in the viewing audience to audibly gasp seeing what was about to happen!). Still, shouldn't be an issue England making it out of group play, so no harm done except the US's gain.

Leffler817

CCA Members
Now come the complaints about the ball. The Algerian keeper was crying after the loss to the Slovs. Addias says its the best ball ever but there were lots of complaints before the weekend and now more are starting to pop up.

Regardless, someone should the Algerians that there's no crying in soccer.

buntbarsch

Members
Yahoooooooo, finally some real sport on TV. Love the world cup. Being German, I started playing soccer as soon as I was walking until I was in my 20th when I got hurt badly. It is great to see that North America FINALLY has discovered what the rest of the world already knows for years.

Go Germany Go
smilie_flag_003.gif

Leffler817

CCA Members
France Lost!!!
Oh glorious day! This guarantees an early exit. Whooppiee!!!!!!:jumpy::character0272::party0006: Head butt this jerks. :tongue0015:Suckers.
zidane.jpg

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Just saw Bradley tie it up against Slovenia. First game I've watched in years. Pretty exciting, I must admit. :)

George

US was robbed at the 85th minute.
The ref was a disgrace.

BTW< the Mets have won 7 in a row!:D
What's a Met? Is that some sort of a rodent? I bet a Cub or a Bear would eat it.

I don't watch but you cannot help seeing the lowlights on the news. I caught sportscenter shortly after the US kissed their sister again and, in the words of one who wouldn't like my Mets comment "We was robbed". Why bother?

George

fischfan13

Banned
What's a Met? Is that some sort of a rodent? I bet a Cub or a Bear would eat it.

I don't watch but you cannot help seeing the lowlights on the news. I caught sportscenter shortly after the US kissed their sister again and, in the words of one who wouldn't like my Mets comment "We was robbed". Why bother?

George

A very recent survey found that 5 out of 5 beer drinkers that choose Miller instead of Sam Adams or grumpier.:cool:

YSS

Members
Wow! What an exciting game this morning. No sporting moments can equal this kind of excitement!!! Bar none!!! Next game for US at 2:30 on Saturday. Go USA!

Leffler817

CCA Members
Wow! What an exciting game this morning. No sporting moments can equal this kind of excitement!!! Bar none!!! Next game for US at 2:30 on Saturday. Go USA!

Sick win it doesn't get much more last second then that except a buzzer beater.

Agreed. That game was exciting from start to finish. I was on the edge of my seat and as each shot developed I would be standing waiting for a score. I won't lie though, I would be fuming :FIREdevil: if the game ended in a draw because the ref disallowed another US goal. Does anyone know any translations for "hey ref get off your knees you're blowin' the game"?

George

Well being as patriotic as any US citizen who loves his country and hates his obese, ineffective government, I decided that it was my duty to my soccer fanatic friends to give watching a game a shot. Even for me it was a bit early but getting into the spirit of the thing ten o’clock found me in front of the TV with a Bud. I was ready to be excited. It was probably a half hour in that I found myself nodding off. Hadn’t even finished that first beer. I clicked it off and went to do something productive.

Sounds like it was a true cliff-hanger. I’m glad they won and maybe I’ll try again in a bar where the shouting of the fanatics will keep me awake. I do know that if someone brings one of those obnoxious horns, he will risk eating it. I won’t even be the one attempting it. Those things really are awful.

Now most of you don’t know but I take meds for high blood pressure. If I was watching and the U.S. scored two goals while I was watching, probably result in myocardial infarction. What excitement. Actually it is - what excitement?

As Lombardi said, winning isn’t everything, it’s the only thing. Way to go U.S.

George

Maybe if they borrowed the racial slur's cheerleaders it would spark some interest?