• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

World Cup 2010 South Africa!

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
Big Day Tomorrow guys, especially world wide.

It's going to be super exciting and if you're a Soccer Fan, WOW! This is the Ultimate Competition and Contest, kinda a like our Super Bowl.

The Favorite right now is Spain and a few others that I can't seem to remember right now, but the one's I usually root for are The United States, Brazil, Germany and Argentina. Oh I forgot Italy too.

Here is the official link at ESPN:

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/world-cup/

Cartel

Members
I'm sure there will be people who chime in saying soccer is boring but the world cup is flat out amazing. There's a reason why it's the most popular sport/event in the world. I'm stoked!!! Unfortunatly FIFA couldn't reschedule saturdays game around our meeting.

Oh an unrelated side note let's go Lakers!!!

fischfan13

Banned
I will watch the Final if the US or Italy is playing, other than that:

funny_soccer.jpg

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
I'm not a fan, but I'll certainly pull for our boys in the red, white and blue. :)

George

CCA Charter Member and person in charge of the we
I heard an idiot on the radio (WTOP) say we are starting the biggest sporting event in the world. Silly me. I thought the Olympics were over.

Soccer. Is that the game where you sit around watching the grass grow while a bunch of folks try to kick each other in the n--s? Leave me out of this one. You can keep futball because football is just a few months away. World Cup, I'll take Lord Stanley's thank you - Go Blackhawks.

emartin

Members
I'm sure there will be people who chime in saying soccer is boring but the world cup is flat out amazing. There's a reason why it's the most popular sport/event in the world. I'm stoked!!! Unfortunatly FIFA couldn't reschedule saturdays game around our meeting.

Oh an unrelated side note let's go Lakers!!!
The Daily Show and Colbert Report had hilarious segments on the World Cup last night

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/thu-june-10-2010/world-cup-2010--into-africa---two-teams--one-cup
http://www.colbertnation.com/the-co...rt---soccer-debate---marc-fisher---mark-starr

The Colbert Report's one was funnier though...:D

emartin

Members
Anybody know what FM/AM radio stations will be broadcasting the world cup games tomorrow in the NJ/DE/MD areas?

Just found out the USA vs GB game is at 2:30pm ET time.

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
The Daily Show and Colbert Report had hilarious segments on the World Cup last night

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/thu-june-10-2010/world-cup-2010--into-africa---two-teams--one-cup
http://www.colbertnation.com/the-co...rt---soccer-debate---marc-fisher---mark-starr

The Colbert Report's one was funnier though...:D

LOL!

Well, two games on the board and now we're all geared up for tomorrow's big 3.

Korea vs. Greece 7:30 am ESPN
Argentina vs. Nigeria 10am ESPN
and
The United States vs. England 2:30 pm ABC

Friday's result was South Africa tied with Mexico 1-1 and Uruguay also tied with France 0-0.

George, all I can say is turn the channel, light your cigar up and sit back with your jack n coke and just day dream of Peru. LOL!:jumpy:

Andrew

Members
I can't handle two hours with no scoring. Makes a pitcher's duel seem exciting. Having said that, go Ghana Black Stars! And I hope our speaker won't mind if we interrupt periodically with updates on the USA England game.

RIFT_LAKES_RULE

Member of the Darkside Tang's Rule!
I played soccer when I was a kid (in Ohio), I loved it and if I must say I was pretty darned good. My dog was even named Pele... I doubt I've watched a dozen games on tv, mostly world cup games. Back in the early 80's they had MISL (Major Indoor Soccer League), the Cleveland Force was our home team and I went to lots of home games and watched it on tv. It was played on a hockey rink with astro turf basically, much faster paced than traditional soccer. Now that the kids are playing soccer I've got them watching the world cup, it's cool to see them appreciate the game and hopefully they'll gain a better understanding of how the game is played and the strategies employed to advance the ball as a team.

Go USA!!!

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Well if nobody else is, our speaker today is interested in it. He kept checking scores last night. LOL

George

CCA Charter Member and person in charge of the we
It is bigger then the olympics...

Not to be argmentative, but I do not know a soul who doesn't get excited about some part of the olympics. I know lots of people like me who don't give a rat's a$$ about soccer, world cup or otherwise.

Did some one say 5 hours for a game? I watched one once and it seemed like 10:lol:.

Now I do consider some of these soccer fanatics (fan is short for fanatic in case you hadn't noticed) friends so enjoy guys and girls. Problem is it will be gone before you know it. I hope it is a thriller.

Now talk about your thrillers. So far I have heard the final scores of three matches (not games, right) - 1 to 1, another 1 to 1, and a big 0 to 0. Yup can't beat that for a way to cure insomnia. Wake me when it's over.

George, a fan of Blackhawk Hockey and real Football.

Cartel

Members
Not arguing either but it's not my opinion that it's bigger like it or not it's a fact. And no soccer isn't my favorite sport I tend to only watch every 4 years. On a side not I'm glad the Blackhawks won because I really didn't want Philly to win.

Wil - a fan of Football, Basketball, Soccer, Hockey, Golf, racing and beer pong.