• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Toyota Recall 3.8 millions cars

kbeaudean

Members
We own a Toyota Matrix and the floor mats are held in place by two hooks at the end by the seat, so the floor mats don't move. You would think they would do that on all!

George

CCA Charter Member and person in charge of the we
I'm with you Pat. I am just not into this technology stuff. I liked points and condencers. I knew how it all worked. You may have noticed I have a Ford Ranger - four cylinder. Guess how many spark plugs I have. If you guess four you just don't know progress. I have eight. I know why too. So replacing them costs me twice as much!!!!

Technology sucks. Give me back my "56 Ford.

George

On another note.
I think we will see more of these in the future with the new tech.
Most cars being built now are drive by wire. No throttle cable. All electronic.
You push and a throttle position sensor tells the computer where you are pushing to and it in turn tells how mush gas to put in to the system.
Hmm. I know I am old but I still like that old cable and spring method. lol

Cartel

Members
I guess this is where im new school. You have waaay more chances of a cable binding or sticking then fly by wire failing. People are trying to say that even a cell phone signal could cause enough electromagnetic waves to disrupt the signal. That is BS! Think of how many "electromagnetic waves" an ignition system produce! And I hear you on the electric pumps I had to change one out on a cobalt not too long ago. We had to order the whole column basically. Some things though I agree are ridiculous. Mercedes Benz on the SL and E-Class now uses Brake-By-Wire. Take a look at a Lexus LS460....soon enough we wont be doing any of the driving. It is said that cars now have more wiring in them then the Apollo did. If its fact or not I dunno.

My first car was a 4 cyl Danger Ranger!