• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Toyota Recall 3.8 millions cars

Lively

Members
I always take my floor mats out of the car, now. Happened to me (wasn't a Toyota, either) - luckily I was able to pull it off. It hampered my ability to brake, too.

George

CCA Charter Member and person in charge of the we
I always take my floor mats out of the car, now. Happened to me (wasn't a Toyota, either) - luckily I was able to pull it off. It hampered my ability to brake, too.
Ya, well, women drivers. We expect problems. Letting them vote was bad enough but driving? Puuleeze, keep those crazy, cell phone totin' women off my roads. Most can't drive a car and their **** husbands put 'em in trucks. That's why I stay in my cave. The roads just aren't safe now that women got the vote. I'm tempted to vote Republican.

Yep, you got it. It's me.

Cartel

Members
This reminds me of when I was little I was riding with my dad in his 79 Malibu when the throttle got stuck. That was hella scary. A pole stopped us though. Of course totalled the car and a short ride later to the hospital and all was well.

Lively

Members
Umm, Georgie... I mananged *not* to wreck... although, sadly - I must admit that the majority of p i s s poor drivers I've seen over the years have been women. Won't touch the voting thing... 'cept to say - more women vote democratic that republican... makes ya think, huh?

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
I would like to read the actual recall. Not what the customer gets but what the dealership has to do.

I have never had a mat cause that. If you maintain your stuff. In other words dont let the mat get mashed up against things. I have gotten into customer cars where the mat is a mangled piece, all pushed up behind the pedals before. Learn how to get in and out of the car. Jees. lol
Years ago at the jeep dealer we were getting a ton of people coming in complaining of no power. 95% of them had the floor mat pushed up so far that it had a lump in it right under the gas pedal. I would pull the mat out and say there ya go. Fixed. They would look at me like I was nuts.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
On another note.
I think we will see more of these in the future with the new tech.
Most cars being built now are drive by wire. No throttle cable. All electronic.
You push and a throttle position sensor tells the computer where you are pushing to and it in turn tells how mush gas to put in to the system.
Hmm. I know I am old but I still like that old cable and spring method. lol

Lively

Members
Pat - the first one I removed never stayed in place. The plastic shield thingie under the pedals didn't allow it to grip correctly - and the cleats didn't grip the carpet area well - I wish I could remember what car it was! But, it always happened and it wasn't a slow creeping thing. It might have been an aftermarket carpet - either way, I didn't need a recall to tell me it wasn't safe - it was pretty obvious to me. I think there would be far fewer tragic accidents if people would take a few minutes to make sure everything is how it is supposed to be in his or her car - like we were taught to do in driver's ed. Not that I do that all the time - but I try.

Lively

Members
On another note.
I think we will see more of these in the future with the new tech.
Most cars being built now are drive by wire. No throttle cable. All electronic.
You push and a throttle position sensor tells the computer where you are pushing to and it in turn tells how mush gas to put in to the system.
Hmm. I know I am old but I still like that old cable and spring method. lol

hmmm, remember that audi issue? and how that woman almost got away with murder 'cause of it...

and learning that just plain scares me. the idea a computer has my life it it's chip... gives a whole new meaning to "blue screen of death" *shudder*

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
hmmm, remember that audi issue? and how that woman almost got away with murder 'cause of it...

and learning that just plain scares me. the idea a computer has my life it it's chip... gives a whole new meaning to "blue screen of death" *shudder*

Here is anothe one to scare you . lol
Most of the cars now also have electronic steering.
Instead of a power steering pump and a rack assembly its done with
steering wheel position sensors and electronics.

Lively

Members
Good Grief! Are you in league with George to keep me off the road??? Makes me want to go out and find an old car - seriously scary stuff.

TheWire

Members
Good Grief! Are you in league with George to keep me off the road??? Makes me want to go out and find an old car - seriously scary stuff.

Actually the master plan is to keep you in the house :)

But in future, there will be no drivers..all cars will be fully automatic..just like the IROBOT movie

here is the new list
The affected vehicles include 2007-2010 Camry, 2005-2010 Avalon, 2004-2009 Prius, 2005-2010 Tacoma, 2007-2010 Tundra, 2007-2010 Lexus ES 350 and 2006-2010 Lexus IS 250 and IS350.

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
Pat - the first one I removed never stayed in place. The plastic shield thingie under the pedals didn't allow it to grip correctly - and the cleats didn't grip the carpet area well - I wish I could remember what car it was! But, it always happened and it wasn't a slow creeping thing. It might have been an aftermarket carpet - either way, I didn't need a recall to tell me it wasn't safe - it was pretty obvious to me. I think there would be far fewer tragic accidents if people would take a few minutes to make sure everything is how it is supposed to be in his or her car - like we were taught to do in driver's ed. Not that I do that all the time - but I try.
THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A THINGIE! THATS THE 1ST PROBLEM RIGHT THERE. CALL IT BY ITS NAME WOMAN! :D
LMAOOOOOOOOOOO BUT YOUR RIGHT ALOT OF SAFETY IS PURE COMMON SENSE. NOW THATS ANOTHER ISSUE JEEEEEEEEEEZ! :D

Lively

Members
Well then, Mr. Know-It-All... what do you call the plastic shield that is directly under the pedals? I'm guessen you don't know what it's called either... or you would have made it a point to inform me... teehee hee

THAT explains al my speedy tickets. I told the cop,"i don't know whats going on. The car seems to have a mind of its own" Now I can show them this lol