• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

The March Meeting of the Capital Cichlid Association

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Nice pictures guys.

I think our speaker had a good time also. He was here for a few days so we did manage to hit a few fish stores, and the Aquarium. I also introduced him to Md steamed crabs.

Was up everyone? Its good to see my name in green. I had fun at the meeting. The speaker I thought was great. It was nice meeting everyone, Disciple, submariner,cartel, danger_chicken, dogofwar,spine, moba pat, misjinkzd, longstocking and everyone else that was there. Nice to see we have a club in the MD/VA/DC region, it sucks that its like an 1hr and 20min from where I live, but it was worth it. I was so impressed with how cheap some of the fish were at the auction and the meatballs were great (kudos to who made them). I really hate myself for using $60 the day before on clothes. I told my wife," Watch some one is gonna win the marineland canister filter with $50", man was i right. I would've had won the filter if I had $60, well maybe, but next time I will be ready with some cash.

See you'll next month.;)

kaj41354

Members
Nice to see we have a club in the MD/VA/DC region, it sucks that its like an 1hr and 20min from where I live, ;)

You missed the whole PA contingent (only 4 this month) that travels almost 2 hours to the meeting every month.....I have to have Lonny spike those Blackworms

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
The meeting was a good one. A bunch of new members, a renewal and a large crowd. Not a record but larger than last years average.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
And thank you to all that helped out. There were a bunch of you between set up, take down, raffle, auction, and food.
I heard that there was a desert brought again but again I missed it.
Thank you Wendy for the homemade Veggie platter. I had forgotten you were bringing it but it was almost gone by the time the talk was over so it worked out.

Cartel

Members
Was up everyone? Its good to see my name in green. I had fun at the meeting. The speaker I thought was great. It was nice meeting everyone, Disciple, submariner,cartel, danger_chicken, dogofwar,spine, moba pat, misjinkzd, longstocking and everyone else that was there. Nice to see we have a club in the MD/VA/DC region, it sucks that its like an 1hr and 20min from where I live, but it was worth it. I was so impressed with how cheap some of the fish were at the auction and the meatballs were great (kudos to who made them). I really hate myself for using $60 the day before on clothes. I told my wife," Watch some one is gonna win the marineland canister filter with $50", man was i right. I would've had won the filter if I had $60, well maybe, but next time I will be ready with some cash.

See you'll next month.;)

This was my problem. I didnt bring enough cash but next month ill def join so I can get the name in green too!

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
Yea, it was a great meeting I must say!

I gotta tell you though, I'm excited with all the new faces and the tight friendships that I see bonding.:D

It was nice meeting a bunch you on Saturday as well and finally putting a face to a name. I'm also glad that a handful of new members can now see their name in lights (green) too. Pretty cool right!

Anyways, like I was telling you Dudes, bring lots of Cash to all the meetings because otherwise you will miss out on some incredible DEALS...ya know. Plus, you actually help out the Club at the same time.

See you guys next month.

Richard

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Yup, steals can always be found.
There is always a fine line between too much stuff and not enough. We used to have meetings with just 5 bags of fish. When it gets to be over 60 items the prices fall like crazy. Same if there are too many bags of the same item. People are not going to bid up things if they know there are more bags. Plus if the auction goes on too long, there are few people left to bid.

The Board is in discussions of how to make this work better.

Lively

Members
So, what's the significance of the green name? I'm sure it's posted somewhere here but I'm too lazy to go looking... lol

Only reason I'm green is because I didn't get to come and it looks like it was a fun time had by all!

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
The green name shows CCA club members.
The red names are CCA Board of Directors, or Moderators, or the Admins.

Makes things easier for me. lol

Lively

Members
But it goes to a good cause...Cichlidholics anonymous.

Richard

ROFL! Is that how the meetings start? "Hi, my name is Stacy and I'm addicted to breeding Jack Dempsey fish. I can quit anytime I want... but the fish just won't quit breeding... "

rsanz

monster tank newbie
I joined the club this month. My first fish club membership. :)

Rob Sanz. It was nice to meet some of you, and I'm looking forward to many more meetings!

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
I remember you Sanz! Welcome aboard my friend!!!

University Of Maryland ULUM....right? Me too Dude, Alum Business School UM. OH YEA!

Richard

rsanz

monster tank newbie
I remember you Sanz! Welcome aboard my friend!!!

University Of Maryland ULUM....right? Me too Dude, Alum Business School UM. OH YEA!

Richard

Thanks! Not quite an alum yet. If all goes as planned, I'll graduate with my Master's in Architecture in May. Right next door to your fancy-schmancy business school. :p