• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Sick Gold Severum

bschuhart

Members
My Large (10") Gold Severum is sitting on the bottom of my SA show tank in an upright position. Seems not to be able to rise up, not eating unless the food falls by it's mouth; no other symptoms.

I've had him for over 5 years since he was about the size of a quarter. Have moved him to a 29 Gallon issolation tank. Hate to lose him. any suggestion on treating.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I have the same situation with a female chocolate. I came home one day about 6 months ago to find her sitting on the bottom of the tank. She can only stay afloat as long as she has the energy to beat her tail. It is some sort of swim bladder issue, but I have never been able to figure it out. Like I said, this happened in late April and she is still alive. She tends to lean herself up against a piece of driftwood. Not sure how much she gets to eat, but refuses to die. I just don't have the heart to euthanize her.

Hope things get better with your sev. My big gold male is one of my favorites...