• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Showing fish

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Yes I like to expose them too..... Oh :eek: wait, wrong web site. lol

There are people in all different parts of this hobby.
There are people in the ACA that their part of the hobby is showing. One is in Denver. She drives with here fish all over the country to show them and wins. She drove from Denver to Sacramento, Atlanta, Cincy. etc
And she likes the big stuff and brings lots of them
Matt, what did she bring 15 - 20 or more. and some of the largest stuff in the show.
You have Ron in Ohio that usually wins most of the stuff he enters. He always takes 20 or so fish. All his tanks are 1 fish per tank at home. All he lives for is the shows. The only reason I got the Best of show in the OCA last year was because it snowed. He has a snow removal company and had to work. lol

dogofwar

CCA Members
I think dan ye Jennings entered like 30 fish in cinci and won best in show

She's a really nice person and goes to amazing lengths to show her fish

One fish per tank is really boring to me but each their own!

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
The first time I actually showed my first fish at A convention was at Aquafest 2007.

It was Pat and Francine who influenced me to show my 1st fish.

The fish I showed that day was my F1 Super Red Empress (My Super Hero) and boy did he look good.

And let me tell you I was nervous as heck, but thanks to Pat and his Biotope article on how to show a fish, I made it through. Plus, everyone at the show room was so nice and helpful even for a novice like me.

Nevertheless, can you believe I actually Won the People's Choice Award!!! I mean that was Amazing for me. I also got 1st place in my Red Empress's Species Category.

I didn't win best in show, but I believe a German Ram beat my Red Empress. I think the mafia(Geek Squad) was involved and since I didn't let them know I was from Sicily(Connected) I came 2nd or 3rd. :(

Here is a picture of him and let me give credit to the Photographer Bobby Phillips.

1aRichardsRedEmpress-2.jpg

So you guys can do it!

RM

Last edited:

Lively

Members
That fish is so prety it looks photoshopped - Nice.

My biggest fear is if my Dempsey's spawn he will not be looking his best... and they're acting like they're going to - soon. First time I've ever hoped that they don't... lol

rsanz

monster tank newbie
I would love to show my showpiece peacock gudgeon. Is there even a category for those, or is it strictly cichlids and catfish?

fischfan13

Banned
Just a few hours to decide.
I have three fish I would like to show...a Killie, Catfish and Hap.
The little voices in my head are talking...
mixed-smiley-002.gif

dogofwar

CCA Members
All the cool kids are doing it... It'll make you feel good...

What kinda killie? If it's a big gularis, bring him (and a cover)

dogofwar

CCA Members
I registered a couple dozen last night... Including one that needs a 20g (it's a baby coelacanth-all other greater than 4") ;)

Matt

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
I registered a couple dozen last night... Including one that needs a 20g (it's a baby coelacanth-all other greater than 4") ;)

Matt
And I thought you only kept SA's and a few africans. Didn't figure you for a prehistoric, one thought to be extinct, fish guy. You get that from Li?

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
I quit waffling and registered my fish today. I figure theres no better time to get the experience. I'm nervouse, but very much looking forward to everything.

chris_todd

Members

Matt

You're showing a coelacanth !?!?!?!:confused0054:

Good lord, if that doesn't win best of show from the geeky cool factor alone, there's something wrong with the universe!

Geez, you're keeping a prehistoric fish... the phrase "we're not worthy" comes to mind...
:party0038:

F8LBITE

Members
I quit waffling and registered my fish today. I figure theres no better time to get the experience. I'm nervouse, but very much looking forward to everything.

The only thing im nervous about is my fish dying somehow on the way to the show or afterwards. That would really suck.