• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

September Meeting Of The Capital Cichlid Association

D

daniel4832

I have had the pleasure of hearing Ad speak since the '80's, and this was the most enjoyable talk of them all, and I have enjoyed every one of his presentations! This was also our best meeting yet, not just because Ad was the speaker, but what our "little" club and our members did to pull everything together. The list of people that made this possible is too long to list, but special thanks to Pat and Tracey, Sarah and Bill, and Ron and Donna ( I want your recipe for your deviled eggs ), but most of all Mike who made this all possible. I'm removing myself for consideration for VP, Mike has not only earned the position, but is the best person for the job.
Next up is the club's first show, it just keeps getting better!
Thanks,
Daniel

maddog10

Members
Thanks Daniel, that means a lot!

I was glad to help make this meeting happen. All I really did was give a push in this direction (alright, repeated pushes followed by an occassional shove). It gets our club a good foothold for the future, as this was highly successful. The only problem is trying to figure out how to beat this one (I do have some ideas :cool: )

Oh yeah, Aquafest 2007 is right around the corner. :happy0180:

animicrazy

Members
Everyone has done a great job of thanking the people who all did great jobs in pulling off a great meeting: ditto from me.

I wish to add special thanks, while not taking away from any others, to Ron Neilson. He has accomplished so much in the hobby where others have failed and his willingness to openly share is an asset we all are blessed to have. Last night at his home I saw quintessential Ron at work: standing in his dining room with a perfect stranger, who will make a fine addition to the club, sharing the years of his accumulated knowledge without hesitation.

It is an honer and a pleasure to write these simple words: Thank you Ron.

Paul McClaskey.

It was better than I expected... and I had great expectations.

Thanks to all who made it happen. A special thanks to Mike's generosity. :sign0173: :happy0065:

toddnbecka

Members
It was the first meeting I've been able to attend, and was certainly worth the 2 hour+ drive. Very well organized and presented by good people. I just hope I'll be able to make it to Aquafest next month. All the fish from the auction arrived safely, and have been acclimated to their new homes. The unknown livebearers turned out to be Characodon Audax, currently commonly known as The Black Prince. They are found near Ojo de Agua de Las Murjeres, where they are considered Critically Endangered.

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
First of all Ad Konings was simply awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Secondly, Thank you Pat and everyone for such a wonderful presentation. I had invited several people and they were impressed with our professionalism. It was great seeing you guys after being away so many months, I believe I really missed you guys. :D

Finally, Thanx Mike for that gorgeous Aulonacara S. Malawai Peacock that I earned for having over 100 post. Thank you so much, he is just so adorable. Hopefully I can get some females from you in the future.

Wow guys, I think that was our best meeting and yes Sarah, you helped out alot too.

:angel2:

longstocking

Members
It was the first meeting I've been able to attend, and was certainly worth the 2 hour+ drive. Very well organized and presented by good people. I just hope I'll be able to make it to Aquafest next month. All the fish from the auction arrived safely, and have been acclimated to their new homes. The unknown livebearers turned out to be Characodon Audax, currently commonly known as The Black Prince. They are found near Ojo de Agua de Las Murjeres, where they are considered Critically Endangered.[/b]

VERY cool ! now get them to breed :)

BTW.... I'm mad at you ! :angry3: :tongue0015:

You didn't introduce yourself to me ( I would have but I didn't know who or if you were going to show up ) ... years of c-f posting and I didn't get to put a name to a face !

I didn't do that much guys ! But ty :)

D

daniel4832

Thanks Daniel, that means a lot!

I was glad to help make this meeting happen. All I really did was give a push in this direction (alright, repeated pushes followed by an occassional shove). It gets our club a good foothold for the future, as this was highly successful. The only problem is trying to figure out how to beat this one (I do have some ideas :cool: )

Oh yeah, Aquafest 2007 is right around the corner. :happy0180:[/b]

Mike,
One of my faults and strengths, is that I will say exactly what I feel, and with what you have done all year including your "push" for this meeting makes you the best person for the job of VP. If you are able to figure out how to beat this one, I will have to help you overthrow the President for Life :FIREdevil: just kidding Pat :rolleyes:
Seriously, I'm still buzzed about the meeting and the get together at Ron's house, what a great day, what a great club.
Thanks,
Daniel

neoprodigy

Administrator
Staff member
good meeting ! i enjoy the it all... after the talk... i think im catching a cichlid bug coming on....

-li

DeeCee

Members
Thanks to all of you for making the meeting such a success!

Ad's presentation was top-notch as always, but even better because it was HERE and just for us! How cool is that?

Well......... plus I got to win his book as the Early Bird prize, so he was able to sign it for me too :)
Hats off to all of you that made the meeting such a huge success. Special thanks to Pat & Tracey for all you do, and for not killing Ron when he called you an hour before the club meeting saying that Ad hadn't arrived in Maryland yet. You have much more control than I would have!

It was really nice that so many people were able to make it to the house afterwards as well. Ron and I both had a great time, and I know Ad enjoyed it very much as well. I'll even go so far as to thank all the testesterone-laden men for playing nice. Musta been something in the brownies.......... :unsure:

Donna :angel2:

George

CCA Charter Member and person in charge of the we
Belated congratulations on a fantastic event. Thanks for letting me be there. All of you involved in putting that on owe yourselves a large pat on the back. Now I know what a club meeting should be.

You really put the pressure on all of us (yourselves included) to make AquaFest at least as good. It is going to be tough.

Wasn't Ad great? I don't have a Rift Lake Cichlid in my fishroom and probably never will, but still found the talk and the fish fascinating. Thanks Ad. I'm looking forward to next year's talk.

George

D

daniel4832

Thanks to all of you for making the meeting such a success!

Ad's presentation was top-notch as always, but even better because it was HERE and just for us! How cool is that?

Well......... plus I got to win his book as the Early Bird prize, so he was able to sign it for me too :)
Hats off to all of you that made the meeting such a huge success. Special thanks to Pat & Tracey for all you do, and for not killing Ron when he called you an hour before the club meeting saying that Ad hadn't arrived in Maryland yet. You have much more control than I would have!

It was really nice that so many people were able to make it to the house afterwards as well. Ron and I both had a great time, and I know Ad enjoyed it very much as well. I'll even go so far as to thank all the testesterone-laden men for playing nice. Musta been something in the brownies.......... :unsure:

Donna :angel2:[/b]

Donna,
No, it was in the deviled eggs! :happy0007: (and I really do want your recipe), being over was almost as enjoyable as the meeting itself! Thank you both for your hospitality.
Thanks,
Daniel

krisw

Members
Thanks to everyone who put together this meeting! This was the first time I saw Ad present, and am now eagerly awaiting my next opportunity. It's amazing when you have a speaker who can both tell you how a fish does something, and then show you with video from the habitat (and in slow motion no less) -- really spectacular! Great meeting everyone!

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Thank you everyone for the comments.

This was the meeting that I have been working for the whole year. It took a lot our of me.
Now we need to shift focus on the upcoming show. No rest for the weary.

Gee, and the fact that Mike sponsored/paid for Ad was supposed to be a secret. :character0272:
Yeah, right. Like I can keep my mouth shut when someone does something for the club.... lol

neoprodigy

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you everyone for the comments.

This was the meeting that I have been working for the whole year. It took a lot our of me.
Now we need to shift focus on the upcoming show. No rest for the weary.

Gee, and the fact that Mike sponsored/paid for Ad was supposed to be a secret. :character0272:
Yeah, right. Like I can keep my mouth shut when someone does something for the club.... lol[/b]

thank you mike!

i did have a good time at the auction... it was funny when the auctioneer (forgot his name) called my friend a girl.. LOL

couple pix of AD.. and the "girl"

http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=90069

-li