• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

September Meeting Of The Capital Cichlid Association

D

daniel4832

OK, I finally got a ride, and I have at least one new one new person coming to the meeting. A teacher from Perry Hall High School.
So people how many new faces are you bringing to the meeting? :party0003: Let's make this standing room only!
Thanks,
Daniel

Steve

Members
Hey Pat,

Is it true that Ad will be casting the demons out of members of CCA who are worshippers of false idols . . . um, I mean, Tanganyikans?

If so, I would say, "'bout time," but that would be unnecessarily provocative, so I won't.

I don't even get me started on pickerels--oops, pikes.

:)
Steve

Charlutz

Members
Hey Pat,

Is it true that Ad will be casting the demons out of members of CCA who are worshippers of false idols . . . um, I mean, Tanganyikans?

If so, I would say, "'bout time," but that would be unnecessarily provocative, so I won't.

Steve[/b]

In fairness to those of us who keep tangs, because the presentation covers Malawis, Mr. Konings will be answering tang questions first. Thanks for your consideration. :character0272: :happy0158: :jumping0002: :party0003:

D

daniel4832

<div class='quotemain'>Hey Pat,

Steve[/b]

In fairness to those of us who keep tangs, because the presentation covers Malawis, Mr. Konings will be answering tang questions first. Thanks for your consideration. :character0272: :happy0158: :jumping0002: :party0003:
[/b][/quote]

Well said Charlie! :happy0065:
Thanks,
Daniel

Charlutz

Members
<div class='quotemain'>In fairness to those of us who keep tangs[/b]

See, now that is a phrase that I just don't understand . . . .
[/b][/quote]

If you're real nice, maybe we'll let you in the club. I'm sorry that until this time, you haven't been up to snuff. Keep trying.

:FIREdevil:

Steve

Members
<div class='quotemain'><div class='quotemain'>In fairness to those of us who keep tangs[/b]

See, now that is a phrase that I just don't understand . . . .
[/b][/quote]

If you're real nice, maybe we'll let you in the club. I'm sorry that until this time, you haven't been up to snuff. Keep trying.

[/b][/quote]

Charlie,

I just don't want to be an enabler, you know?

I've got some of those fish in my tanks, too, but . . . well, it's like having an addiction or an infestation, the first step is admitting that you have a problem.*

Steve
(* And, in case anyone is wondering, my therapist has said that she will swear that I don't have any problems, if I will just promise not to bother her anymore.)

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Wow, Could not sleep last night.
Too much going through my head.

How many will show,
enought food
who will run
will I break down before the meeting and not make it.
will there be enough chairs.
what do I say.

I see a bunch of you got up at a decent time and are checking the forum.

Lets do it
The day is here.

longstocking

Members
Tell me about ! I didn't sleep well either !

See everyone soon ! With BAG and BAGS and MORE FISH :character0272: :character0272: :character0272: :animal0028: :animal0028: :animal0028: :jumping0045: :jumping0045: :jumping0045:

Hi everyone, I kept my eye on the forum throughout the months and I'm still here in Owings Mills trying to get my house sold, so I can move to Pennsylvania, in hopes of starting some new setups. I'm doing my best to make the meeting today, only one other agenda item that may hold me up. If that gets cancelled I'll be at the fishtivities celebration today!

Gerard

Charlutz

Members
Hi everyone, I kept my eye on the forum throughout the months and I'm still here in Owings Mills trying to get my house sold, so I can move to Pennsylvania, in hopes of starting some new setups. I'm doing my best to make the meeting today, only one other agenda item that may hold me up. If that gets cancelled I'll be at the fishtivities celebration today!

Gerard[/b]

Hope you can make it Gerard. Haven't seen you in a while, buddy.

Charlutz

Members
It was a fantastic meeting.

The specialization of cichlids and their jaws has been the subject of much well-publicized discussion in the cichlid community, e.g., Jewel of the Rift. But I've never seen it presented quite like yesterday. What stuck with me most was the Sc. fryeri. One of my favorite fish because of its color, and very common in the hobby, I've never seen before that it hunts by mimicking a grazing mbuna. Fantastic. Or the Melanochromis (my first African cichild was an M. auratus bought in 1980) leaping out of the water to hunt flies. Again, completely common fish and I had no idea of its basic food gathering tactic.

Thanks to everyone who worked so hard to put the meeting together. I've got dibs on the front table for Ad's Tanganyikan talk next year!

A pic of one of my last fryeri before I left Malawi for Tanganyika

IMG_6489.jpg

mscichlid

Founder
Great meeting! Fantastic! Ginormus!

I had a great time and it was especially good to see old friends and new faces!

Thank you Mike! It took a while, but man was it worth it. :party0007:

Thanks Sarah for selling so many raffle tickets. Permanent job I think. Bill was right on point handling the door prize tickets.

Ron you are the man! Thanks for hosting Ad and the get together after the meeting. Thanks Donna and Trace for whipping up a feast so quickly.

Thanks everyone for coming and making a great showing.

Finally, Pat, thank you for keeping it together! :party0006:

cyradis4

Members
Hi!

I LOVED the presentation! Absolutely fantastic, and I learned a LOT!!! Particularly, when I was talking about him about getting some good algae for my Trewansea (sp is wrong) he gave me a really good idea to try! Also a bit of info on P. Saulosi in the wild.

Thanks to Ron and Donna for having us over, and thanks to everyone who put that fantastic meeting together!

And can I suggest that the door prize become a standard fixture? I really liked it! Especially if it could have something to do with the talk every time. Like one of those colorful books about discus for the Discus Hans talk..... :character0272:

Also, if Ron does the auctions again, could someone else take a few moments to loudly state whats being auctioned, and at least tell us what part of the word its from? I'm pretty sure there were a few others I would have liked to add to my collection of finned friends, but I had no idea what they were, or where they had come from..... :confused0024: :sign0134: :woman2: :party0006:

I'm still getting my new finned friends which I did acquire settled into more permanent tanks, but I'm very pleased with what I've seen so far!
:party0003:

A great meeting!

Amanda.