• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Reserve Stock Cichlids Order

joseff

Members
Ok guys. I think we have 7 participants. Doug has been busy but he will probably update his website in the next day or so with his most current stock. If there was something you were interested in that wasn't on his website, you should check again tomorrow.

We're going to set a cut-off date so it doesn't get too hectic AND we need to match everyones schedules.

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Good luck with the order and post pics of the fish when they come in! :happy0144:

tremper

Members
Joseff,

I spoke to Charles Lutz and he said he can hold fidsh for me for a few days so I too am interersted. and pick up will not be an issue.

I will call today and check stock. What's the protocol? Call Reserve and pay for just the fish and take care of shipping directly with you?

Please let me know.

Thanks.

Joseph

Charlutz

Members
I've sent a message to Doug asking about organizing the payment. I am hopeful he will allow us to pay separately and then we'll only be settling up only on the shipping. To be clear, I can hold fish for a few days for Joe (he is well known to me and we dealt with each other before) but I cannot hold for anyone else. Too much money at stake and the risks of shipping, satisfaction with the order, etc. need to be borne by all equally. (Yes, I am the lawyer, and that is the necessary fine print.) :) I am happy to pick up the fish and bring them to my house (15 mins south of BWI off Rt. 32) or you can meet me at the airport and pick up there. I'm going to leave them in the reserve stock packaging once they get to my house, so once we agree on a date, you'll need to be available to come by in the evening.

joseff

Members
Joseff,

I spoke to Charles Lutz and he said he can hold fidsh for me for a few days so I too am interersted. and pick up will not be an issue.

I will call today and check stock. What's the protocol? Call Reserve and pay for just the fish and take care of shipping directly with you?

Please let me know.

Thanks.

Joseph

Hi Joseph,

Doug wrote me an email saying his website will be updated tomorrow. Send him an email listing the fish you want him to hold for you. Let him know you're in with the group buy. He requested that we make 1 invoice to make things easier for him but I think Charlie is going to contact him about that today.

-Joe

Charlutz

Members
Joseff and I both heard from Doug that we can each pay separately by paypal. Joe will pick up the shipping on the front end and we'll all pay him back. I'll grab the fish on a flight landing at 5:20 which hopefully means the fish will be back at my house by 6:30 or 7. Use those general guidelines when thinking about what nights you can be available. My zip code is 21029 if you need to figure in travel time. I know there are some things Doug will add to the list. I also know there are no more cyp specklebacks ... ;)

Charlutz

Members
Hey guys. There's a wrench in the works. I got an email from Doug that my specklebacks won't be ready to ship for a month. If you guys can wait, I'll be on the order in March, but I don't want enough other stuff to be on an order this week. Sorry.

rich_one

Members
quite honestly, I am really fine with waiting a month... I might even get more fish then, with the extra time.

-Rich

bertolli

Members
If it's not too late I'd like to get in on this order, I want to purchase 7 pseudotropheus polits, let me know.

MarkK

CCA Members
I can wait a month--especially with this weather, I don't know if I'll be dug out by Thursday. If I am dug out before Thursday I will be pleasantly surprised.

Question: do I pay Doug now or wait?

Charlutz

Members
By my count, the following people want to wait a month:

Me
minifoot
rich one
markk

And the following want to order now:
tremper
tang funk
joseff (assuming)

Bertolli hasn't specified.

I can still do the pick up at BWI if we go in a month. If some of you want to still order now, you'll need to figure out the logistics of picking up and getting everyone their fish. It's unfortunate that I volunteered and then my fish weren't available. I can go solo in a month if you guys need more people on a Febr order, so don't worry about my part of it. I guess all we need to figure out is whether there are enough people for a current order.

PS - Let's get the timing part of it figured out and then we can talk to Doug to see what he wants to hold the fish. I have a pretty specific and expensive order and he can't sell them now anyway, so he didn't ask for a deposit. I can't speak to whether he'd feel the same if we had a lot of people and someone else wants the fish you want him to hold.

joseff

Members
I honestly don't mind when we do this order. If we have enough people to do one sooner, we could follow through and order.

longstocking

Members
If you wait a month I will probably get in on the order. I'm not 100% .. but most likly.

I can't do this now for obvious reasons :)

rich_one

Members
more snow coming tomorrow through Wednesday, and I am still not dug out yet.

that month is looking better and better right now... LOL...

-Rich