• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Picking a new Phone...

marge618

CCA member
I have Sansung Avalanch 4G from Verizon. Deciding feature for me was it's slide out quirky keyboard. Love it!
(Any 4G Android would be a good choice.)

Sent from my SCH-I405 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
OMG. Holy responses, Batman. You guys rock.

OK... so 4G is a no-brainer. Of the three I listed, the Droid Charge is the only 4G phone. So maybe that's the front runner now...

I like the simplicity of the iPhone, but a few folks mentioned that the integration between it and their other Apple products was a major selling point. Don't have a Mac or iPad, so meh.... Don't think I can justify the cost.

Nathan mentioned that I only listed phones for sale. Yeah, those were the three that I started with for that reason. If another phone is *vastly superior* to one of those, then I may be able to justify shelling out an extra hundred bucks, but don't want to push for a $300+ (discounted price) phone.

I did a sort on Verizon's page (only 4G phones) and came up with these guys (sorted by their discounted/tradeup price):

• Samsung Charge ($9.99)
  • Pantech Breakout ($49)
  • Samsung Stratosphere ($99)
  • Motorola Bionic ($99)
  • HTC Rezound ($199)
  • LG Spectrum ($199)
  • Motorola Razr 16G ($199)
  • Motorola Droid 4 ($199)
  • A few more $249+ (Razr Maxx and Nexus included)
I feel like folks are pretty passionate about the Razr. Gonna check into that one a bit more, as well as the others that I bolded above. Seems like the most I could probably justify to the tech/HR folks at the company.

Thanks a ton guys. Going to read through this thread a few more times and hit up the Verizon store over the weekend and play with some of these.

Happy Friday and cheers!
Tony

hotwingz

Members
These are all good phones. But the htc rezound the nexus and the razr are going to be your best choices. Theyre all using the newest techknowledgy and all are dual core processors which is a big deal!

Sent from my PG86100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

msjinkzd

invert junkie
I have the droid global 3 (waiting to upgrade to a 4). Freakign love it. I HATE touch screen keyboards and this has a slide out. I like that you can get basically any app for free and it is really easy to use.

Chris love his iphone, to him it is totally intuitive and great.

Regardless, as others have stated, you cannot go wrong upgrading.

My best advice would be to go to the store and play around with some of the phones. See which one feels best in your hand and for your uses. Try out sending texts and try the camera. See what features are there, browse the "marketplace" app and see if it has what you want.

mdlnewman

Members
Go with the one with the best battery use :p. My LG Revolution's battery use sux. I have to plug it in during the day if I use it much.