• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

New Tanks/New Living Room

verbal

CCA Members
Glass cages has a 75 gallon tank with the footprint of a 125. That would make your total height about 5'. I can see arguments for putting the short tank, lower or higher.

WendyFish

Members
Just for Tony!!!!?!

I just saw this myself and I freaking LOVE the stacked idea. :confused0068::happy0100::party0007::wub:

Also thanks to Chris for the "flip the room" idea. We actually modeled the couch on every wall and floating like we talked about at the meeting. One other promising idea for the 8' tanks was to float the TV where the chair is now but it kinda seems weird. But the Flip did give us the idea of putting the couch on the other wall which helps not block off the tanks.

I can see the price quote on this breaking my heart, so thank you for everyone saying this is a good idea. I may need you to tell me that a few more times. :animal0028:

verbal

CCA Members
Glass cages has a 75 gallon tank with the footprint of a 125. That would make your total height about 5'. I can see arguments for putting the short tank, lower or higher.

Never mind, I realized that it was with 2-6 foot 75s.

The tank price shouldn't be too bad, in the ballpark of the price for 125s.

The custom stand I really have no idea about. If the tank price is high, you could always start out with 2 40 breeders side by side and replace them later on.

Charlutz

Members
Looks like you guys are making good progress! One thing to consider is that if you go with the stacked tanks and still want to go with a sump, you'll either need to design your stand and sump ahead of time. You'll also need to either have a common sump or room for two systems. It's possible, but it requires some planning for both height and width. I'd be happy to issue-spot for you if you decide to go that route.

YSS

Members
Kinda late jumping in to this, but I would go with one 8 foot tank. In my opinion, one large tank is so much better than two smaller tanks. Get a 240G 8 footer and do an awesome Tang set up. I would love to do this one of these days.

ezrk

Members
OK here is what we are seriously considering.

2x120s and a new sofa (which is actually a solid fabric not the slightly check/stripey look, the basic color is right though).

120snewsofa.jpg

ezrk

Members
It should be cool. Is one going to be Tang and one Malawi?

Yeah, we are going to move our existing Malawi's from their 75 to the 120 which should make them happy.

The new tank will be a tropheus tank, probably one of the red and black variants.

We are thinking whiteish sand in both tanks with dark backgrounds or black painted backs. TX holey rock in the troph tank with a continuation of that into the malawi tank, but then a transition in the the Malawi tank to other rocks and wood.

Ideally it would like like it transition from holey rock to wood across both tanks.

The bigish footpring of the 4x2s should allow three discrete rock piles in the tropheus tank and then nice transition in the Malawi tank with lots of places to hide.

WendyFish

Members
The tanks are ordered! :character0272::character0272::character0272:

We ended up going custom from Great Lakes Aquariums in Michigan. We got two drilled 110s (4 foot long, 2 feet deep, 21 ish inches high off the top of my head). After our sump research we decided to give it a go, we should be able to tinker with it enough to get it quiet.

Also maple stands and canopies which should look nice.

They said they would build in 3-4 weeks so they will probably even get here by Christmas.

Exciting!