• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Mystery deaths

Acpape0

Members
Update ....
Came home to find small white spots on 25% of fish .... Applied a ich treatment quick cure (already had it under tank)
Probably just s secondary problem caused by stress from first problem IMO
I hate blue tank water

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Acpape0

Members
Turning desperate
This hybrid was in perfect health 36 hours ago.... Tank is working on a full crash. I am getting visible signs of infection on some fish now

Treated with metro and quick cure.. More Meds to arrive Monday...I am losing show males now ... Will go to HOT tomorrow , I can't wait until Monday
Recommend medicines to buy now
What is this
Help please
http://youtu.be/FIK0vrNdwNY

That doesn't look parasitic I'd try a fungal or bacterial med. Nitrofurazone or kanamycin. If your not sure and really feel your going to loose the tank without serious treatment go for a heavy dose of metro you can double or triple suggested does safely and also use nitro or kanamycin to combat any fungal infection. Also add one tsp. Salt per two gallons of water if they are fine with that wait a day and add 1 tsp. Per 4 gallons. Do you have a spare tank or tub? I'd isolate the sick fish asap. Do a 50% water change before adding all the meds.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Acpape0

Members
Medicine finally came in. I dosed tank with poly and melafix and fed metro laced flakes Sunshine peacock's eyes are starting to glaze/haze

Here is what baffles me just caught two of my mbuna spawning

So far past confused

Wtf

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1398720711.455711.jpg

Acpape0

Members
To be honest I don't know, ich cleared up right away, I am not getting much warning before they go from happy to near death. I didn't lose any yesterday and only one today so I guess it is not getting any worse but not any better either . Pleco had a hole in his stomach that didnt look like it was from other fish but this may have happened after death. Finished off a whole bottle malofix. I am out of metro, all I have left of that are infused flakes which are given twice a day... Dosed poly yesterday a little heavy but that is only used once every 3 days. I am planning on adding some kanaplex later tonight to cover any internal issues... The fish in my tank are more "juiced up" than the weight lifters at Golds Gym

Acpape0

Members
Over $225 in fish loss to date in this tank and I don't pay retail for almost anything so god only know what replacement cost would be... At this point I am worried the most about losing the gold nugget pleco. That fish took me a very long time to find and I had to go out of state to get him. He is not showing any signs of illness but I am not risking any of my other setups to what is in my 125.

frankoq

Members
To be honest I don't know, ich cleared up right away, I am not getting much warning before they go from happy to near death. I didn't lose any yesterday and only one today so I guess it is not getting any worse but not any better either . Pleco had a hole in his stomach that didnt look like it was from other fish but this may have happened after death. Finished off a whole bottle malofix. I am out of metro, all I have left of that are infused flakes which are given twice a day... Dosed poly yesterday a little heavy but that is only used once every 3 days. I am planning on adding some kanaplex later tonight to cover any internal issues... The fish in my tank are more "juiced up" than the weight lifters at Golds Gym

:( hope for thing to go better in that tank.
:D on the Golds Gym comment. LOL

frankoq

Members
Over $225 in fish loss to date in this tank and I don't pay retail for almost anything so god only know what replacement cost would be... At this point I am worried the most about losing the gold nugget pleco. That fish took me a very long time to find and I had to go out of state to get him. He is not showing any signs of illness but I am not risking any of my other setups to what is in my 125.

I hear you. Might as well leave it there with all the meds mix and hope for the best.