• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Mystery deaths

Becca

Members
2more in 2 days

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Maybe it wasn't the plastic? My husband drops all sorts of stuff in the 150 and is too lazy to pick it out and I sometimes can't get to it because I can't reach the bottom without putting my head under, except in the front (yeah, short-people problems). None of it has ever killed the fish and they never seem interested in eating it once it's immobile on the bottom.

I've found rubberbands, paperclips, test-tube lids, pieces of bags, etc.

I wonder if there was some sort of chemical in the plastic or if some decoration or other thing in the tank is leaching something into the water that you're not testing for?

Acpape0

Members
Lost my German red female and one of my breeding mbuna ....
They kinda hung at bottom if tank for about a 2 days ..no forceful breathing , no bloat, female had sunken belly from the day I bought her ( she was holding) mbuna breed 2 weeks ago... Blue dolphin has been hanging around bottom until today now he is up with everyone else..
This is starting to cost me some $$
Removed all decorations except tetra cotta Potts and river stones a week ago. Have been giving frozen brine and veggies as treat 2 weeks that has now stopped. H20 parameters good. Use prime religiously. Aggression is not an issue.. I am over $100 in fish loss ... 6 total.... Fresh carbon as of 3 weeks ago... No signs of fungus...
What do I do.... All other tanks are fine

I usually use metro when I can't pinpoint the problem but know there is one. Polyguard is probably the best broad range out there. I have switched to that but it can stain so I isolate or add it slowly the color only lasts about an hour.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

It comes in many brand name meds, tetra parasite guard, hikari makes one called metro plus, jungle has one, several make pure 100% metro powder I use seachems. You can also get metro infused food from several different suppliers. The pure stuff can be mixed with food add some seachem focus, fish absorb it better and it adds nitrofurazone. there's many out there just look at the ingredients for metronidazole.

I always keep a good supply of meds on hand, hope I never need them but if I do i have them. If you order from kens for like 25 bucks you can get every med you will ever possibly need. If your interested I can give you a list of the "must haves" imo.

http://www.kensfish.com/

All seachem, they come in little tubes all between 4-6$, each one treats a different amount but its plenty, the poly guard treats 1000g the metro is less but a few hundred.
Polyguard
Metrodinazol
Kanaplex
Focus
Sulfamethazone
The long ones may be spelled wrong but it will be obvious when you see them. He also has medicated food which is nice to have on hand. Very effective as long as the fish eats it.

Acpape0

Members
Just frustrating .... Just went to today's pet and they pretty much had nothing that would treat internal parasites and only one broad range medicine and that was API general tabs ... Left with nothing

Probably, tetra parasite guard is carried by petsmart and pretty much everywhere else that sells fish meds