• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

My in wall 125 gallon tank build thread

amiricle

Members
Here are some pics of the back room:
0022.jpg

0032.jpg

0042.jpg

And here is a quick pic I took with the coralife moon lights on. Its looks a lot brighter in the pic than it really is in person:
0012.jpg

Hawkman2000

Members
Sweet tank dude!

I agree with the LED spot idea. You wouldn't need a box though. Ecoxitic makes PAR38 bulbs that would work fantastic, and you can just hang them like pendants. After you calculate the cost to lifespan ratio, its prob well worth the money. I would prob still use 1 actinic fluorescent bulb though.

amiricle

Members
Sweet tank dude!

I agree with the LED spot idea. You wouldn't need a box though. Ecoxitic makes PAR38 bulbs that would work fantastic, and you can just hang them like pendants. After you calculate the cost to lifespan ratio, its prob well worth the money. I would prob still use 1 actinic fluorescent bulb though.

Thanks for the info!

amiricle

Members
Just took some pics of the entire room:
001.jpg

002-1.jpg

003-1.jpg

004-1.jpg

005-2.jpg

006-1.jpg

More fish pics!
007-2.jpg

012.jpg

013-1.jpg

014-1.jpg

015-1.jpg

016-2.jpg

018-1.jpg

020.jpg

021-1.jpg

026-1.jpg

027-1.jpg

028.jpg

The reason I love the halides so much is because the tank lights up the entire basement! And the shimmer is relaxing.
023-1.jpg

024-1.jpg

Buckcich

Members
Very, Very nice crib you have there!!!
Tank looks very nice and I agree, the lighting from the tank, gives the room a very soothing feeling. A nice place to relax.

amiricle

Members
Thank you!

Fish list:
2 N. Venustus (1M/1F)
2 N. Livingsronii (1M/1F)
1 N. Fuscotaeniatus
1 D. compressiceps (F)
2 Yellow labs
4 Frontosa (1F/3 unknown)
1 Blue Ahli (M)
1 Orange peacock (M)

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Looking good man. With that stocklist, that tank will certainly never be boring. :)