• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

MonsterAquariaNetwork and Li need your help!!

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Not only the forum, but individuals as well. I've heard companies coming after individuals who posted threads on forums damaging to the company.
They're trying to shut down our forum and you think we can't talk about why people shouldn't buy their products? Unless someone produces slanderous statements then it could be considered defamation of character, otherwise its freedom of speech.

I'll post all over the web why Monster energy drinks are terrible, and I used to drink them. Let them come after me, what are they going to get? Are the Dallas Cowboys going to sue me for posting this:

cowboyssuck.jpg

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
YfYrrzvAwGnKGpY-320x240-cropped.jpg

Other than the being an M I don't see the confusion here either. They are both sort of stretched out / tall but to me thats where it stops.
just my humble opinion.

YSS

Members
Unless someone produces slanderous statements then it could be considered defamation of character, otherwise its freedom of speech.

This is really what I was referring to. But good lawyers can spin just about anything to anything. Just becareful when you say something negative about something/someone on the internet.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Correct, just take it slow and polite.

We have been threatned before. Someone posted some items that a company did not like and they contacted me and threatned action.

msjinkzd

invert junkie
http://www.coralmagazine-us.com/content/fishkeepers-unite-save-monster
i contacted the editor of amazonas

Here's a message just in from Rachel O'Leary, one of our favorite nano fish and invert importers and breeders in York, Pennsylvania:
logo.gif
You may or may not be familiar with the Monster Fish Keepers Network... The MFK network is an incredible resource for aquarists around the world. Thousands of beginners rely on information and conversation on the MFK websites (
aquariacentral.com
monsterfishkeepers.comaquatic-photography.com) as they learn how to
properly keep aquariums. The sites are a vibrant community maintained by volunteers.

Monster Energy Drinks Beverage Company is threatening legal action against MonsterFishKeepers.com for trademark infringement.

MonsterFishKeepers.com has had a registered trademark since 2005, but
this hasn't stopped Monster Energy Drinks from threatening action. The
logos are not similar, do not use the same color pallet, and the
brands do not compete for the same audience. Monster Energy Drinks
knows they have no legal standing, in fact they have dropped similar
suits in the past when public pressure was too much to bear.

The Consumerist ran an article about it this morning.
http://consumerist.com/2012/07/monster-energy-assumes-consumers-cant-distinguish-energy-drinks-from-fish-tanks.html
MonsterFishKeepers.com needs your help. Spread the word that you do
not support the corporate bullying that Monster Energy Drinks is a
part of.
You can help in the following ways:
Sign the petition at
http://www.change.org/petitions/monster-beverage-corporation-do-not-sue-monster-fish-keepers-for-trademark-infringement
Spread the link via facebook and twitter http://support.monsterfishkeepers.com/
Write to Monster Energy Drinks and tell them what you think
http://monsterbevcorp.com/contact.php
Boycott Monster Energy Drinks, especially in public parks and facilities.
Thank you,
Rachel O'Leary
It is on amazonas fb page. I also contacted The Colbert Report and said that they should mention that Monster Energy should sue McDonalds and Sesame Street for the letter M

iamzrad

Members
YfYrrzvAwGnKGpY-320x240-cropped.jpg

Other than the being an M I don't see the confusion here either. They are both sort of stretched out / tall but to me thats where it stops.
just my humble opinion.

Speaking from a non-biased view both M's are stretched, the center line is longer than the other two and even though both have "points" on the top, they're pointing differently. So yeah, similar yet completely different.

This reminds me of the Cafe Hon owner trying to trademark the word "Hon" and sending cease and desist letters.

dogofwar

CCA Members
Did Stephen answer? :lol:

This is just the kind of absurd thing that could actually make Colbert or the Daily Show!

Matt

I also contacted The Colbert Report and said that they should mention that Monster Energy should sue McDonalds and Sesame Street for the letter M

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Need to make some signs.
Then figure out which 7-11 or WaWa the local media like to buy their coffee and have 6 or 7 people outside picketing.
Get their attention.
You know on a slow day they are thinking to themselves, "Hmm, what am I going to report on today."
We would fall into their lap. LOL Accidentally make it easy for them. LOL

msjinkzd

invert junkie
I also contacted the international editor of amazonas (Hans-Georg Evars) with a personal email about the issue. Hopefully he can help as well.

And no, no response frmo the Colbert report yet, lol

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
I've signed the petition, posted to my FB page and posted to their FB page. I've also informed my friends to avoid their products.

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
I sent this message to WJLA, WUSA, NBC4, The Gazette and the Examainer.

Monster Energy Company the makers of Monster Energy drink are preparing to sue a local man over the use of the letter M. The local man owns and operates a group of web forums dedicated to the aquarium hobby. The web forums fall under the Monster Aquaria Network logo. Monster Energy Company thinks that their customers will confuse his fish forum with their beverage. Please consider a story or at least a Facebook blurb on this. http://support.monsterfishkeepers.com/

Thanks either way
Prince Starks-Bey

TFH also ran something on their FB page.