• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

MonsterAquariaNetwork and Li need your help!!

mchambers

Former CCA member
I signed the petition and sent an e-mail. I don't do Facebook.

It sort of reminds me of the time Warner Brothers got mad at the Marx Brothers for doing a movie called "An Evening in Casablanca" a few years after the move "Casablanca". Groucho's response is worth a read:

http://www.mamohanraj.com/Amusing/warner.html

Among other things, Groucho writes "I just don't understand your attitude. Even if you plan on re-releasing your picture, I am sure that the average movie fan could learn in time to distinguish between Ingrid Bergman and Harpo. I don't know whether I could, but I certainly would like to try."

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I signed the petition and sent an email through their website. Keep up the pressure. Make sure to tell your family and friends to stop purchasing their products.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
bRyDE.png

iamzrad

Members
This is ridiculous. I can see how Monster Energy is trying to "protect" their brand, but they cannot claim a letter of the freaking alphabet. Nor a word they did not invent or come up with. Corporate bully beating up on something that has no clear distinction.

But from a "design" point, both M's do look fairly similar and by that I mean the shape of the elongated "M". But one sells stupid energy drinks and Ken Block wannabes and the other fish that can beat up your fish.

Someone should send them fish chum.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
The petition numbers are over 10% and has gained over 120 signatures in the past 2 hours...

Keep it coming. The more we harass them, the quicker they'll drop the suit (hopefully).

dogofwar

CCA Members
...seems like a pretty weak reason not to voice your support for MFK...

On what grounds would Monster sue you for signing the petition? The 1st Amendment?

Matt

Not only the forum, but individuals as well. I've heard companies coming after individuals who posted threads on forums damaging to the company.

YSS

Members
...seems like a pretty weak reason not to voice your support for MFK...

On what grounds would Monster sue you for signing the petition? The 1st Amendment?

Matt

I am not saying don't voice your support. I have already on many places. What I am saying is don't bash the company so publicly or they could come after you. Look what they are doing. I wouldn't be surprised if this company goes after people who they think is damaging their reputation beyond reason. If they are doing this to MFK, they are capable of doing anything. I have heard of instances where a company/business took forum and forum users to court and won. Even if they don't win, again, it's you vs. the large corporation. It's not about winning, but about who has a deeper pocket.