• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Flowerhorn identification

adi51096

Members
He said that it was a king kamfa who gave birth to this one.But I don't think I will get a king kamfa fry for 50 rupees :(

Sent from my ST26i using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Localzoo

Board of Directors
It's partially based on genes and the endocrine system. (Make him the alpha lol) it's hard to say when it comes to that, someone who keeps flower horns will be chime in soon hopefully

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Localzoo
I don't think its kamfa because of the lacking in the pearls. I want to see future posting of him as he grows. Also, what ever type of fh it is.... it's still a nice find:)

Sent from my HP Slate 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Localzoo

Board of Directors
Localzoo
I don't think its kamfa because of the lacking in the pearls. I want to see future posting of him as he grows. Also, what ever type of fh it is.... it's still a nice find:)

Hey Chris I'm just going of info given. Hopefully it is what the store says it is
Other than that I agree it's a beautiful fish none the less.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

adi51096

Members
My flowerhorn is not too aggressive,is it fine?because I have one oscar and parrot with him and he doesn't do anything to them.Is this normal?
And thank you everyone for your reply guys :)

adi51096

Members
And I have another flowerhorn he's 4-5 inches in size but he doesn't eat in front of me.He eats it when the lights go off at night.What should I do to make him more relaxed?

Any pis of him and I would try dropping a pellet at a time into the tank and let him eat it one by one till he gets used to eating in front of you. I just got a srd for $50 out beltway on Saturday and he refuses to eat so I won't feed him till tomorrow and then he should be ready to eat.uploadfromtaptalk1395061833470.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1395061833470.jpg

Its just a different gene of a flowerhorn. Its crossed between a rd and a fader. Fader flowerhorns have more Midas or Red Devil in the gene. Now you can use krill and food with color enhancers in it. I use Monster Kok Extreme Red for any of my cichlids that are red or orange. Monster Kok Extreme Red improve immune system of the fish with stronger, healthier,and livelier results after 2 weeks. It's worth getting for $24 and I have seen results in my female rd that was badly beaten to my female salvini that was really dull in color. It's also good for massive head growth for cichlids that grow kok heads.

Last edited:

adi51096

Members
What a beautiful fish you have!
I am from india that's why it's difficult to find krilla here.I feed him chilli super red,chilli humpy head,kijaro basic bloodworms and rosy red minnows.And he's not like other flowerhorns.He's very shy,he doesn't eat anything during day.He becomes more active in midnight after 1 or 2 am.He doesn't eat in front of me.what should I do?I think he has some kind of defect.I'm getting worried now.Please tell me what can I do to make him more active?

adi51096

Members
Look he has different eyes than other flowerhorns,is it normal?please tell mw

uploadfromtaptalk1395223063988.jpg

What a beautiful fish you have!
I am from india that's why it's difficult to find krilla here.I feed him chilli super red,chilli humpy head,kijaro basic bloodworms and rosy red minnows.And he's not like other flowerhorns.He's very shy,he doesn't eat anything during day.He becomes more active in midnight after 1 or 2 am.He doesn't eat in front of me.what should I do?I think he has some kind of defect.I'm getting worried now.Please tell me what can I do to make him more active?

Is he in the tank with any other fish? If not and you know for sure its a male....try putting
a female fh or bp with him as well as some target fish or some sort.

And how big is your tank?

80gl,55gl,30gl,and another 55gl

Look he has different eyes than other flowerhorns,is it normal?please tell mw

Now with the picture you have provided shows me....
That he could be a cross between a red dragon and a texas

adi51096

Members
No he's alone in the tank.Should I add a bp with him,are you sure?I have one bp.will the figbt?