• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

ECC Spring Auction '10

RIFT_LAKES_RULE

Member of the Darkside Tang's Rule!
Awesome list Bill, if it gets much bigger you'll have to start on Saturdays and call it an Auction Weekend!!! One of these years I'll have to make the trip. Congrats on an awesome list and good luck tomorrow. Is your son going to film the event and post on youtube? I'm thinking a live streaming video of the event would be awesome. ;)

fischfan13

Banned
If you're still not convinced about going to the ECC Auction or you are not sure, let me add a little more to the list...

4 Albino Bushy Nose Plecos
12+ Cherry Red Shrimp
12+ Cherry Red Shrimp
14+ Snow Ball Shrimp
6 Reganochromis calliurus F2
8 Pseudocrenilabrus nicholsi
6 Pseudocrenilabrus nicholsi
Riccia
4 Telmatochromis vittatus
Bacopa caroliniana
Bacopa caroliniana
1 Chalinochromis brichardi F1
6 - Juli marlieri Burundi
6 - Neolamp brichardi Magara
6 - Neolamp tretocephalus
6 - Al comp Orange Mwela
6 - Lamp speciosus
2 - Syno multipunctatus Wild

fischfan13

Banned
To everyone from the Md/DC/Va area, please have a safe drive.

IMO, the absolute best way to get to the hall is not to listen Google or Mapquest.
When driving up thru rte 95 in Delaware stay to the right and follow the signs for the Delaware Memorial Bridge. After exiting the Bridge follow the signs for the NJ Turnpike Authority.
The signs look like this:
images

Or like this:
images

Take that North all of the way up to Exit 16W.
Please note, once you get past Exit 14 the road will Split E(east) and W(west)...you want the Western Spur of the Turnpike.
16W is the Exit for the Meadowlands, Route 3 West and Giants Stadium.
[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]Traveling Route 3 West[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]Take Ridge Road/Park Avenue exit (just past the exits for route 17). Make left at stop sign onto Ridge Rd. Make right at first light onto Rutherford Avenue. Proceed to first light and make left onto Park Avenue (Burger King on corner). Elks Club is less than a mile down the road on the right hand side.[/FONT]
For some reason GPS units tell you to get off of Exit 13A and go Rte 21 North. You can go that way, but it is much slower.

Please make stops if you must. Once you hit NJ there are several Rest Stops, and although these Rest Stops are, IMO, not as nice as those on 95 in Maryland, they will serve the purpose.

The Elks Club has a decent parking lot, but if the lot is full you can park on the street...and the neighborhood is really good.

Unfortunately the weather is calling for a mixed bag.
Please be safe.

Last edited by a moderator:

iamzrad

Members
I just want to thank Bill and all of the ECC crew for putting on this awesome event. I had a blast at the auction. It was good to see some of the CCA folks up there in New Joisey (am I pronouncing that correctly, Bill?)
I got a lot more than I initially wanted. Wait till I post some of the pictures of the packing procedure for Tony's car.
There was 4 of us in the car, on average, 20-25 fish per person. :p
We came with 3 styro's, and left with about 7 (and misc. bags that had no room in styro's) lol.

Can't wait for the next one!

kaj41354

Members
It was a great auction! Everybody had a blast and talk about some great fish! WOW! I was amazed at how many past and present Aquarium Club Presidents were there. Did you count that Bill? (Jersey Math) BTW Bill, I am now having a blast learning that new Video Editing software. You should see the pics you can get from a video. Food was great! People were great! Auctioneers were great! Raffles were great!

Thanks to the ECC!:jumpy::eek::jumpy:

emartin

Members
It was a great auction! Everybody had a blast and talk about some great fish! WOW! I was amazed at how many past and present Aquarium Club Presidents were there. Did you count that Bill? (Jersey Math) BTW Bill, I am now having a blast learning that new Video Editing software. You should see the pics you can get from a video. Food was great! People were great! Auctioneers were great! Raffles were great!

Thanks to the ECC!:jumpy::eek::jumpy:
This event deserves a full size gif and in ECC's colors (well, one of them!):
fairybounce02.gif
3demoticons23.gif
fairybounce02.gif

longstocking

Members
I had a fantastic time as well :) I'm glad you guys all seemed to have fun ! Thank you all for buying so many raffle tickets from me/ECC .... you made me look good :lol:

I even came home with a CCA membership and a shirt for hubby.... courtisy of Pat! Thank you Pat :)

Everyone up north is very excited that the CCA has brought the ACA convention back to the east coast! I had many people say " if you need help from us northerners just let us know" :) One was from Kevin, he has helped run past ACA conventions!