• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Donations for the Rare Fish Silent Auction

verbal

CCA Members
Do it, Jesse!

All the cool kids are donating stuff.

It'll make you feel good...;)

Matt

I don't currently have an Goodieds, but could try to hunt them down if there is interest. The Goodied guru in PVAS is pretty generous.

I will have to take a look at my Apistogrammoides group. If I can figure out a pair, they will definitely go in the Silent Auction.

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Up

Will donate one M/F adult pair of WC Peruvian Biotodoma cupido (via Michael Barber). Markedly different coloration from my original spawning group, prefer to maintain the distinctive strains. Hate to let them go but don't really have space to do justice to both - nice for someone.

verbal

CCA Members
Tomorrow is the GWAPA meeting, so I'll try to get some members to round up some nice plants to donate to the auction!

Arlene

It is Mike's call, but I think plants might be better for the CCA Marketplace table. Once you have the donations you can register them in MyGroupAuctions(select donation and enter the asking price as the minimum bid).

It is Mike's call, but I think plants might be better for the CCA Marketplace table. Once you have the donations you can register them in MyGroupAuctions(select donation and enter the asking price as the minimum bid).

No worries Jesse. It was just that Matt had asked me a couple weeks ago if we could donate a one or two packages for the auction.

Arlene

dogofwar

CCA Members
I think a couple of packages of cool plants would work great :)

Thanks so much for the generosity of GWAPA...

Matt

No worries Jesse. It was just that Matt had asked me a couple weeks ago if we could donate a one or two packages for the auction.

Arlene

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Thanks everyone for the generous donations. Tony and I were kicking some things around last night and there are a few more vendors that we are going to reach out to for donations. We'll keep you posted.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Tomorrow is the GWAPA meeting, so I'll try to get some members to round up some nice plants to donate to the auction!

Arlene
It would be really cool if you could list the preferred water conditions, or what types of fish they'd work best with. Might help increase the bids, and potentially have people bidding on multiple lots.

Thanks to any GWAPA member who can donate. I'm going to try and make the next meeting thats on the MD side of the river.

It would be really cool if you could list the preferred water conditions, or what types of fish they'd work best with. Might help increase the bids, and potentially have people bidding on multiple lots.

Thanks to any GWAPA member who can donate. I'm going to try and make the next meeting thats on the MD side of the river.

Thanks Mike!

Then you must come to next month's meeting. It will be in Rockville!

Arlene

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
I'll do my best. March is a little busy, but I want to get more involved with other clubs when possible. I'll keep an eye out for more info, or touch base with you soon.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
We will also have some donations from Ted Judy (plants, fish, and repashy) but I don't have a specific list yet.

It will likely be non-cichlids to increase the variety, but for a possible preview, check out his website: www.tedsfishroom.com.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Got confirmations of some nice groups of fish from Anthony at SI Cichlids:

6 Copadichromis Geertsi 'Gome' ~1.25"
6 Aulonocara sp. 'Chitande type' Masinje ~2"
1M/3F Nyassochromis Broadzulu 'Kanchedza' breeders ~4"

Will confirm some other donations next week.

Thanks to all of our generous donors!

verbal

CCA Members
Will donate one M/F adult pair of WC Peruvian Biotodoma cupido (via Michael Barber). Markedly different coloration from my original spawning group, prefer to maintain the distinctive strains. Hate to let them go but don't really have space to do justice to both - nice for someone.

Do you have a pic of these fish? Or does another member have one they would be willing to share.

Jefft

Members
this reeks of fish racism.

The Hap/Mbuna thing doesn't exactly get me weak in the knees though however it may sing for some...

It sings for me.. seems far too many folks are interested in the CA and SA scene on the CCA forums and club to the detriment of those of us in the African minority.

rich_one

Members
It sings for me.. seems far too many folks are interested in the CA and SA scene on the CCA forums and club to the detriment of those of us in the African minority.

I definitely beg to differ with this statement! :D My perception is that this club is a little Old World heavy, if you ask me. But in truth, its probably pretty close to 50/50. But old world species, at least from my perception, seem to dominate the auctions at most meetings, as well as the members only group buys (of which, there hasn't been one in a while). Speaking mostly on cichlids though, not so much on plecos, and other fish.

Eh... either way though, there are plenty new world guys and stuff around to keep me interested! Love this club!

-Rich

Last edited:

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
While new world has been growing in the last year or two, the club has always been old world heavy.