• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Donations for the Rare Fish Silent Auction

jonclark96

Past CCA President
CCA:

Although we are getting donations for the rare fish auction from some of the vendors and sponsors of AquaMania, we'd also like to open it up to club members who have some cool fish that they would like to donate to help support the club.

If you have anything that you'd like to donate, please send a PM to either Michael O'Shea (discusnafricans), Matt (dogofwar) or myself (jonclark96). We'll coordinate from there. Although it is preferable that the donations be brought to the event pre-bagged and ready for auction, we may have the ability to house the fish and rebag in the morning.

Thanks again for your support. Let me know if you have any questions.

Jon

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
I don't know if they're considered rare, but I'll likely donate a bag of Auloncara sp. 'Lwanda' for the silent auction or CCA Marketplace table.

Any donations from club members will be appreciated and make the Marketplace/Auction more of a success!

dogofwar

CCA Members
Yes please - any and all donations will support the club and make AquaMania a success!

I'll be donating a bag each of Stomatepia pindu and Saratherodon linnelli, both CARES fish from Barombi-Mbo (and pretty darn hard to locate for sale elsewhere)...

Maybe some other stuff as well, depending on whether others are generous or not!

Matt

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Please think about what you may have to donate to the auction. For those who are participating in the Breeder Award Program, donations to the auction of your BAP fry WILL count towards the bonus points for auctioning fry.

chriscoli

Administrator
I can donate a bag of Pundamilia sp. Red Flank "Nansio Bay" if this is the type of fish appropriate for this auction. These are a CARES species.

Remember, for those of you doing the BAP program...you get extra points for breeding CARES cichilds!

Easy to breed + CARES = Awesome BAP points.

Last edited:

dogofwar

CCA Members
No pic but he's close to 4". Nice fish (he was in the Catfish Con show) but he killed the female that I had...

Dave sells 1.5"-ers for $15...

Matt

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
I'm sure Dave has a pic he'd be ok with us using, especially if he came from his stock. As long as its mentioned who the photograph came from it should be fine. I think Shawn took a pic of one of his frustrated males...

Leffler817

CCA Members
No pic but he's close to 4". Nice fish (he was in the Catfish Con show) but he killed the female that I had...

Dave sells 1.5"-ers for $15...

Matt

Awe that's a bummer Matt! I knew were working with them. I think Kevin has some as well.
They max out around 4" and IMO would fit in with an all male Hap tank. Any plants I try with them get eaten quickly, which was a surprise. The write up in Greg Steeves' book said they live in heavy planted areas of the Fwa river. They're found around large Val, made a tasty snack for my guys.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1361481872.893730.jpg

dogofwar

CCA Members
The males would be great to mix with Haps, peacocks, mild mbuna, vics. Heck, mine live with West Africans...

They're rough on their ladies, though...

Matt

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Got a confirmation from Anthony of SI Cichlids, that he's going to send down a really nice box of rare fish for the silent auction.

I'll confirm exactly what will be sent over the weekend, but sounds like some really neat and rare hap juvies, as well as a group of peacocks.

The generosity of our club members and sponsors is one of the things that makes this club so great!

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Any New World donations of note?

The Hap/Mbuna thing doesn't exactly get me weak in the knees though however it may sing for some...

dogofwar

CCA Members
After looking through the fishroom, a couple more donations from me:

- A pair of unknown tetras from Uruguay - they're gold with black marks on the caudal peduncle... I'm certain the only ones in captivity, at least from where they were collected (Estancia de Zabachos in Rocha, Uruguay). They're peaceful, graceful and don't mind cool water. I'm not going to successfully raise fry from them... so to the donation they go :)

- What looks and acts like a pair of Ptyochromis oligocanthus, a CARES cichlid from Madagascar. They only get about 6" and have tons of personality and are pretty mild. I got another pair from the ones that Dave donated a few months ago, so happy to share the wealth.

Here are pics of collecting the tetras...the collection location of the tetras... and my (late) show male Ptyochromis...

Matt

Uruguay 094.jpg

Uruguay 081.jpg

Uruguay 108.jpg

nossibee.jpg