• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Aquaticclarity Order - Want in to split shipping?

aquaticclarity

CCA Members
Can Two pair of P. sacrimontis cohabitate and spawn in a 55 gallon?

Possibily. Problems MIGHT arise when a pair spawns though. Decorating the tank with two seperate territories on opposite sides of the tank along with some taller plants or the like in the middle to break up the line of site should work. Female Pelvicachromis can get VERY nasty to each other when it comes to space, a mate, and especially fry. But a 4' tank should provide enough space assuming it's heavily decorated.

Jeff

aquaticclarity

CCA Members
Jeff- Payment sent via Paypal for the peacocks. :)

Got it Tony, Thanks!

Here's a little preview of the Jakes (a random male shortly after getting the fish in):

eureka-jake-r.jpg

jmontee

Members
How would the A. cacatuoides do in 55g heavily planted tank with a pair of Blue rams already in it do? There are also a bunch of dither fish (green neon tetras mainly), would the tetras and others fair OK with these guys? I am really interested in getting apistos but I am not sure if my set up is OK.

5d GH
3d kH
6.2-6.5 pH with CO2 and a little higher without CO2 at night.

I put in a slate cave that I constructed so they would have somewhere to call home if they like it.

Thanks for your help.

aquaticclarity

CCA Members
How would the A. cacatuoides do in 55g heavily planted tank with a pair of Blue rams already in it do? There are also a bunch of dither fish (green neon tetras mainly), would the tetras and others fair OK with these guys? I am really interested in getting apistos but I am not sure if my set up is OK.

5d GH
3d kH
6.2-6.5 pH with CO2 and a little higher without CO2 at night.

I put in a slate cave that I constructed so they would have somewhere to call home if they like it.

Thanks for your help.

They should be fine together but have more then one cave in the tank for them so they can pick and choose. The pH is lower then needed but won't hurt them.

Jeff

aquaticclarity

CCA Members
So here's PART of the plan:

-order your fish through me direct (either PM or e-mail me)
-pay for the fish via paypal to me

-contact dogofwar (Matt) to get the arrival date for pick-up
-pay dogofwar for your share of the shipping

Matt should be setting a shipping/arrival date soon. We've been looking sometime next week to get this done so contact me by this weekend if you want to get in on the order.

Thanks,
Jeff

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I'm in - just sent my money to Jeff.

Matt - let me know what my part of the shipping works out to be.

Thanks,
Jon

aquaticclarity

CCA Members
There are several people that have contacted me with questons in the past two days but haven't finalized their order so it's hard to say for sure how many people are in. My guess as of right now would be 6-8 though.

Several people have asked for a picture of the triple red cacatouides. I do not have a picture of the current breeding male as he's in a tank with very cloudy glass (the tank is soon to be replaced). I do have a picture of his dad though (grandpa to the fish for sale). The crrent breeding male is even better looking then the fish i the picture as he was selected out of an entire batch of fish and not just the random luck of the draw.

A-cac-3xred-male-sized.jpg

dogofwar

CCA Members
Ok folks - please finalize your orders with Jeff (me included :) )... so that he can get a final count and plan the shipping.

I'm planning to "work from home" on Thursday afternoon. Which is code word for, uh, picking up some fish from the Post Office when they arrive, putting mine to bed, and then hanging out at the Panera in Gaithersburg (by exit 11 off of 270) with the remaining fish until (you) their new parents show up.

Obviously the sooner that you can pick fish up the better. I've had really good luck with picking fish up directly from the post office ("hold at location"). With Express Mail, they're usually here by 1:00 PM or so. If you can't personally come get your fish until later, please have someone you trust BOTH get them AND have some cash for your share of the shipping.

Once you've confirmed your order with Jeff, please post a message to this thread saying that you've done so.

Thanks and let me know if you have questions!

Matt

aquaticclarity

CCA Members
Last call to get in on the order. I need to know if you would like any fish sent with the group order no later then Tuesday morning so that I can start prepairing the fish for shipping. E-mail or PM with with any questions regaurding the order and to get something added to the shipment.

Thanks,
Jeff

dogofwar

CCA Members
OK folks - please finalize your orders and Paypal Jeff :)

I'm pretty sure the following folks have orders in:
- Submariner
- Tony
- jonclark96
- cmcpart
- Discusnafricans

Not sure of these folks:
- Jmontee
- Prince
- Skoolzoffish

If I'm missing someone or you're not ordering, please let me know.

Again here's the plan:

- Jeff's going to ship on Wed for Thurs delivery (probably around noon but we'll see).
- I'll let everyone know the tracking number and their share of the shipping when Jeff sends it to me.
- I'm going to put my fish away and then go to the Panera on 355 in Gaithersburg (by Lake Forest Mall).
- Please meet me at Panera to pick up your fish and pay your share of shipping (in cash)

Thanks,
Matt

PS If I get bored at Panera would anyone object to shifting the meet spot to Buffalo Wings and Beer on Snouffer School?

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
That sounds fine Matt. So earliest, you're thinking you may be at Panera/BWB for pickup around 3-3:30?

I 2nd the idea of starting at BWB. I live over by Kentlands, so both are pretty easy for me. I'll bring my styro and stop by for a quick pitcher.

Thanks again for setting this up. :)

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP

aquaticclarity

CCA Members
Here's who I have down for getting fish in the order(sorry, I don't have them listed by screen name):

Tony, Chris, Jon, Richard, and Matt

Jorge is in Florida and opted not to drive up to get his fish in teh group order :D I shipped his fish out yesterday straight to him.

Matt, I'll send over a detailed list of everything to you tonight once the kids are in bed.

Jeff