• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

240 gall Reef to Cichlid

cmcpart0422

Members
If you bleach them you should be fine. I take rocks from all over and soak them in bleach water for a few hours and I have had no problems.

Just had to add that Tony had some great advice on fish a few posts ago! Keep us posted on the build.

gliebig

Members
I'm sure it's something that I'll play around with. I ordered 6 of the flexible strips. They're pretty cheap, so I figure why not give it a shot.

I can't wait to start making some progress on this thing. :wacko:
My background should hopefully be shipping out today and that's kinda the major thing I need to get this thing movin.

gliebig

Members
I got the LED's in yesterday. I hooked up one of the strips and put it up over my 125 here at work. I have 6 of these strips, but judging from how the one lit up the 125, these may just be good for supplemental lighting.

So, I was thinking....

Have these 6 LED strips on for "x" hours each day just to give the tank some light, then for viewing, I could use 2x250 halides. That way I won't be running expensive halides all the time.

Does that sound good?

cabinetmkr39

DavidG / CCA Member
Hey Greg the fish dont need light ,only for you to view. no need to leave the lights on other then for plants.

gliebig

Members
My background finally shipped out today!!! :party0038:
booby.gif
dance.gif
clap.gif
bounce.gif
action-smiley-043.gif
076.gif

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Awesome. Can't wait to see it in the tank!

I only have the lights on on my big tanks downstairs from 6:00 PM to midnight every day (when I'd be down there). Many of my tanks in the fish room don't have any light on them, only ambient lighting from the other tanks.

Halides are sick.