• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

125 Kitchen Build

Thai

Members
I removed the handles and filled the holes left behind per Eric the ricers recommendation, looks much better now and tank went back inside where it will finish last bits of drying before it gets either set up in the kitchen of possibly relocated downstairs due to convenience since the python doesn't fit the sink faucet and I'm not mechanically incline enough to figure out an adapter for it... Lol

Siklid

Members
Thai - you can use a regular garden hose to extend the python....I have one that came with one of my tanks.

kevin911

Members
Wow keep us updated. I dream for a balcony /deck .

Sent from my HTC One using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Thai

Members
Thanks guys I can't wait to have it set up, never had a peaceful community before. Roger I have 4 pythons, I'm sure I can piece them together to reach from the downstairs bathroom,

I got these suction cups at harbor freight, have a ton of then from when I moved my 630g, were 5$ a piece and holds up to 200lbs

YSS

Members
If you are planning on keeping discus, one thing to keep in mind is that black background and dark substrate tend to bring out more peppering on pigeon based discus. If you keep non pigeon based discus, this is not an issue.

Having said that, I like the darker substrate better.

Thai

Members
Decision was made to lug this beast downstairs.. Literally, it was quicker than walking it around the house but deff not easier lol

image.jpg

Thai

Members
Rinsed and cleaned the dirtiest, nastiest, smelliest, dingiest, most putrid death like sand of my life....all 200lbs thanks to my pal Eric lol! It was worth it though, nice natural looking sand and it didn't cost me anything...although now that I think about it, it didn't cost him anything when I gave it to him the first time around!

Was enough for a 3" depth all around the tank, next is adding wood rocks and plants which will be this weekend most likely.

Thai

Members
Ran down to Roger's (sicklid's)house to pick up some Val's he had for me and some bluegills to cycle the tank, by next weekend it should be looking more green