• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Your Fish Stuff <--> Aquacarium Pre-Orders

yourfishstuff

CCA Members
This is Bill from Your Fish Stuff. Just wanted to reach out ahead of the Big Fish Deal and let you know that we have started a new exciting website called Aquacarium (www.aquacarium.com). In addition to our well known fish foods we are also offering many many new products.

We will be taking pre-orders for the BFD, and we have a special coupon code you can use to get free delivery to the show. We will also take an additional 10% off on any pre-order. So, take advantage of the pre-order coupon as you can never tell what items we might bring to the event.

We will start taking pre-orders now and the cutoff date is Monday 2/26. Minimum order is $25 to receive the free delivery.

To get FREE delivery and 10% Off ...Use the code... BFD2018 on Aquacarium.com

Here's a brief overview of our product selection.....

Aquacarium Fish Food

- Featuring our own brand of flakes, pellets and freeze dried foods. Improved packaging and selection. Very fresh and a great value!

Live Aquarium Plants

- Healthy live aquarium plants. We have a nice selection of popular and rare varieties of crypts, java ferns, moss and more.

Aquascaping Hardscape

- 3D Backgrounds with matching DecoRocks

- All manner of aquarium woods and aquascaping stones.

- Cichlid caves and more!

Supplies

- We have our own brand of filter media and replacement filter cartridges. High quality at value pricing.

- Ziss Breeder Boxes

- Alita Linear Air Pumps

- Python Products

- All of your basic equipment including lighting, air supplies, nets, bags and more

Becca

Members
Decisions, decisions... I have been pining after a Ziss breeder box for a loooong time - ever since seeing them in use at chriscoli chriscoli 's house. Christine - these boxes are connectable, aren't they?

chriscoli

Administrator
The are not connectable.

But something to know about them. The BL-3 model has screens on two sides AND the bottom. The BL-2 has screens on just the two sides. here's why I like the BL-2...when I do a waterchange and the water level drops below the bottom of the BL-2 box, there's about a half an inch of water that says in the box. That way I can do a large waterchange on the tank but I don't leave the fry high-and-dry.

Becca

Members
The are not connectable.

But something to know about them. The BL-3 model has screens on two sides AND the bottom. The BL-2 has screens on just the two sides. here's why I like the BL-2...when I do a waterchange and the water level drops below the bottom of the BL-2 box, there's about a half an inch of water that says in the box. That way I can do a large waterchange on the tank but I don't leave the fry high-and-dry.

That is good to know. I'd been considering the one with the screen bottom figuring it gets better water flow.

I swear I've seen "connector rings" for them, but I must not be remembering right. I don't see them on the YFS site, anyway. I know Gabriel at GWAPA swears by these boxes for shrimp because they allow for much better water flow than other options.

chriscoli

Administrator
you might want the BL-3, then. It depends on what you want to use it for and how you do waterchanges. But even with my BL-2's, they do get great water flow.

I think that Ziss makes something now that does connect. Not sure if it's a separate product or if it's a modification of this one.

Becca

Members
I ordered a BL2 and some of the soft krill pellets (great to use as fry and adult food, due to the way they powder if you squish em). I'd love to have ordered a few of the breeder boxes (what with baby murder noodles lurking, S. pindu eggs rocking, and cory cats EVERYWHERE), but I'll have to be happy to start with 1.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Just heard that Bill and Yvonne had to delay their trip until tomorrow morning as well. Weather in NJ must've been pretty rough because they started to make the trip and decided it wasn't safe. They plan to be at the hotel early tomorrow morning too, will update if I hear of any new information.