• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

WTF moments....

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
I have been having some WTF moments the last few days. I bought two Dario from MsJinkzd at the last meet to replace the one male that thought the carpet in my bedroom was a big sandy puddle. His partner the remaining female said good luck with that and stayed in the evolve 4. Well the new female also the carpet was a larger body of water and jumped yesterday. I found her when I saw what I thought was a dried leaf. The Evolve 4 has a feeding hole about the size of a silver dollar. The female was found in a area that would be consistent with her jumping out their. Well today when I went to feed the fish I found the male of the pair I just bought on the carpet dried up. He umped sometime overnight. He managed to jump through a slit a little more than the width of his body.

WTF!

As beautiful as they are I am done with Dario. I find a species that doesn't just eat live foods and they still find away to die. Maybe I'll try a Chocolate Gourami this time.

verbal

CCA Members
Crazy! But hey... chocolate cichlids are attractive fish, so there is a positive!

-Rich

I don't think chocolate cichlids fit in a 4 gallon tank.

Although you won't have to worry about if jump out of the feeding hole lol

rich_one

Members
I don't think chocolate cichlids fit in a 4 gallon tank.

Although you won't have to worry about if jump out of the feeding hole lol
ROFLMMFAO!!!!

OOPS! RIF. Cichlids on the brain. I saw "cichlid"... not "gourami". DOH! :smashfreakB:

-Rich

dogofwar

CCA Members
So I have exactly 2 (of ~50) tanks in the fishroom that have real hoods (as in not pieces of glass, rubbermaid containers or lids or no covers.

I found the female of a pair of chanchitos (of a kind that no one else in the US has) dried on the fishroom floor on saturday AM. The 5" fish jumped out of a ~1" wide open strip on the back. The pair was even divided so that the male wouldn't chase her.

WTF!!!!

Matt

PS When I told Siena, her response was, "Well, I guess we're going to have to go back to Uruguay and get another one. When can we go, Dada?" I had to smile...

verbal

CCA Members
PS When I told Siena, her response was, "Well, I guess we're going to have to go back to Uruguay and get another one. When can we go, Dada?" I had to smile...

LOL That is a sign a good sign you are raising her right.

msjinkzd

invert junkie
DOH! :(

Ironically, almost ALL my tanks are open top and I almost never find crispy critters. Maybe they don't want to jump because there is too much space to choose from?

Plenipotentiary-at-large

Ironically, almost ALL my tanks are open top and I almost never find crispy critters. Maybe they don't want to jump because there is too much space to choose from?

Or maybe its because so many of yours have no bones? I mean aquatic invertebrates aren't exactly legendary for their leaping abilities. Nice try though...:D

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE

Great Rachel thanks for telling me my fish hate me.:D

I am think maybe it was the turbulent. The pumps on the evovle tanks are strong even on their lowest setting.

msjinkzd

invert junkie
pssst Sam, you need to visit. I think you will be shocked to see that in the 70+ tanks I have going, there are more tanks with FISH right now then their boneless friends :p

And Prince, that may be it. I just use the sponge filtration in the majority of my tanks. I am sorry you have had troubles keeping them, they really are quite nice fish when they are not found crispy on the floor :(

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
And Prince, that may be it. I just use the sponge filtration in the majority of my tanks. I am sorry you have had troubles keeping them, they really are quite nice fish when they are not found crispy on the floor :(

I think I may give it one more try. I'll just completely cover the lid for the first two months. Now I just have to get the fish. I wish I could make the GWAPA meeting.

rich_one

Members
Prince,

I plan to be at the October meeting. I believe you live near me. I can bring them to you or meet you somewhere or something on my way back, if you'd like. Just let me know.

-Rich

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app