• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

wtf is an egg spot

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
cowbird-agg.jpg

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Only one fun post at a time.... and we're just getting into the George Lucas/Yeti love child over there.

First page on Google images yielded this:

4ea906123feba.jpg

Charlutz

Members
What is google? Should I go there first if I have questions? Isn't it easier to have you do it for me?

(Yeah, I did the work in Cam's thread.) Feeding the beast. :D

Only one fun post at a time.... and we're just getting into the George Lucas/Yeti love child over there.

First page on Google images yielded this:

4ea906123feba.jpg

fishman13

Members
What is google? Should I go there first if I have questions? Isn't it easier to have you do it for me?

(Yeah, I did the work in Cam's thread.) Feeding the beast. :D

I am not asking you guys to do it for me. Just gathering info from well knowladged experianced fish enthusiasts. Thats all. And I know some of you guys travel and have probably been to lake victoria.

b considine

a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude
Not my area of expertise, but I believe egg spots evolved in mouth brooding cichlids to ensure the female fertilizes the eggs by attempting to gather the "eggs" at the time the male releases his sperm. My guess is that it evolved to lessen the chances of another male fertilizing the eggs, as in nest laying types.

But, hey what do I know? I'm a corydoras freak.

Blaise

fischfan13

Banned
I am not asking you guys to do it for me. Just gathering info from well knowladged experianced fish enthusiasts. Thats all. And I know some of you guys travel and have probably been to lake victoria.

I've been to Lake Victoria...went regularly as a kid.
Picked up lots of fish and crabs.
Used to spend hot Summer mornings there getting the best place to crab.

Oh no wait...that was Newark Bay. :blush:

Leffler817

CCA Members
I've been to Lake Victoria...went regularly as a kid.
Picked up lots of fish and crabs.
Used to spend hot Summer mornings there getting the best place to crab.

Oh no wait...that was Newark Bay. :blush:

Wait, I thought you got your crabs at the Jersey shore??? I heard it was a great place to crab.

6a00d83451587d69e201310f8329bb970c-500wi

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app