• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

WTB WET/DRY (sump)

dogofwar

CCA Members
Sounds like a good article... that I should write :)

It's really easy if you have a drilled tank. Basically a rubbermaid tub and one of those rubbermaid 3 drawer things...a pump...and a drill :)

For tanks that aren't drilled one of those dollar store kool aid jugs (with the built in handle) is the easiest way.

Or you can go the "above the tank sump" AKA dump filter route (as I have on many tank)...

maddog10

Members
You could make a sump out of an old scratched up tank too. You can usually find good deals on used tanks with lots of scratches.

RIFT_LAKES_RULE

Member of the Darkside Tang's Rule!
Basically a rubbermaid tub and one of those rubbermaid 3 drawer things...a pump...and a drill :)

That's exactly what I've got sitting in the floor behind me, put it together this weekend. I think I spent $25 on a 50g rubbermaid tub and 3 drawer "thing". There's really nuthlin to making the sump body and biotower, you're actually just making a few modifications to the items. Plumbing it is going to be the fun part, getting everything equalized, but you'll have that even if you buy one. ;)

I would like to build my own. I had seen your link before charlutz, thanks for sharing again. i am not sure it would fit in the stand

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
crazyclowntang it is very easy to do. i didnt know how to do it either but after watching and helping mike.. danger chicken, i have a better idea of whats going on. its very fun to do it yourself because its another project that saves you $$$ and is greaat for your fish. :p

It seems easy DQ, but I am just wondering if it would fit. I'll go to wal-mart and measure the rubbermaid tubs and the tower to see if it will fit. I know it will save me a lot of money.

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
It seems easy DQ, but I am just wondering if it would fit. I'll go to wal-mart and measure the rubbermaid tubs and the tower to see if it will fit. I know it will save me a lot of money.
if not get an old used 30-40 gallon breeder and youll be just as good. i say this for size and measurements sake. when you go to get your pump that will probably cost you the most that and pvc pipe. very inexpensive compared to the crazy prices you see in stores and online. :cool:

longstocking

Members
Take a look at those articles...

But really, you can make your sump any shape... it's the the amount of gallons that is a concern.