• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

WTB Shrimp

ingg

Members
Sarah, if you are looking for future feeders, do cherries or yellow shrimp, as they breed faster, have larger clutches, and are far easier.

Crystal Reds, Tigers, and the like are much harder to keep, have smaller broods, do not breed as readily, and are an awfully expensive snack for fish...

longstocking

Members
Well... I am geting crystals and Yellows. The crystals will not be feeders LOLOL. Too much money for a shrimp :)

I want celebs LOLOL ... Julie mentioned them and now I want them ;)

BevN

Members
I like the celebs too but from what I've heard they don't ship well. I am told they are far more difficult than the crystal red or cherries. They are rather expensive so I haven't gotten brave enough to bring any of those in. They are some very pretty shrimp though.

I agree the crystal reds will take longer to populate. I just got some blacks, white backed and greens in. These are the same species as the crystals so I'm expecting the same slower growth and smaller broods. The greens came in a pretty good size and I think I saw one with eggs so I'll see how they do. The others are pretty small as were the crystals when I got them. The grow slower but are so darn pretty it's worth the wait.

If you decide to get the celebs let me know how you make out. I can get a number of different ones besides those but have shied away due to what I've heard and the price.

fshtrd

Members
Yellow shrimp neocardina

Scales has a nice group of yellow neocardina shrimp for sale that were locally raised, many are of breeding size already. Check them out.