• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

WTB: Nerites

danbalzer

Members
Mechanical algae control in my 75 gal. mbuna tank just isn't keeping up, so I figure I should try some biological. I hear good things about nerite snails, but I've never tried them, so I'm not entirely sure how many I would need for my tank and if any particular species/varieties are better suited for Malawi water qualities. Advice welcome!

Does anyone have any for sale that I could pick up at this weekend's meeting?

Dan

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Check with MsJinkz in the vendor forum. She probably has 3 or 4 different types. I picked up a bunch from her a the last meeting.

Not sure about your water parameter question, but Rachel will know.

Good luck with them. They do a great job with algae control. They may leave some eggs around that look like little sesame seeds, but they won't hatch in a freshwater aquarium.

rich_one

Members
Check with MsJinkz in the vendor forum. She probably has 3 or 4 different types. I picked up a bunch from her a the last meeting.

Not sure about your water parameter question, but Rachel will know.

Good luck with them. They do a great job with algae control. They may leave some eggs around that look like little sesame seeds, but they won't hatch in a freshwater aquarium.
x2! Rachel (MsJinkzd) is who you want to speak to regarding nerites!

-Rich

msjinkzd

invert junkie
hello! :)

I do have nerites available. I usually recommend 1 per 5-10g of tank space as they can be difficult to supplement for feeding and are very efficient algae eaters.

mchambers

Former CCA member
I agree

hello! :)

I do have nerites available. I usually recommend 1 per 5-10g of tank space as they can be difficult to supplement for feeding and are very efficient algae eaters.
I've had great success with MsJinkxd's nerites. I've got a 55 gallon that only has 3 or 4 nerites, but it is now algae free.