• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

WTB Mag 12 Pump

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Looking for a Mag 12 pump. Thinking of upping the flow a bit on the 180.

Thats what I am running on my 180. Its very nice, overkill. I think it provides really good turnover but not too much current. I have 2 return lines spreading out the current to each side of the tank. My Fronts love it.

Good luck finding one. Dont forget to check Jehmco. They have some pretty good prices on other mag drive pumps that will push 1200 gph.

Tony

I'm rolling a 9.5 now, but when you figure in the 5' of head loss and a couple of gentle bends, it really only is pushing about 600-700 gph.

Was thinking of replacing the 9.5 on the 180 with something bigger, then using the 9.5 to push water for a combined sump setup for some of the bigger breeder tanks in the fish room.

Anyone have any experience with "Quiet One" pumps?

Cartel

Members
Well i'm looking for a 9.5 lol I have a 5 but it's not going to cut it.

Posted via mobile.capitalcichlids.org

Jumbie

Members
I know I have one somewhere Tony I just need to find it I will try to locate it this weekend for you. Probably by then someone else would find theirs for you LOL.

Cartel

Members
Well everyone look! Because I need one too lol anything 9.5 and up would work for me.

(not trying to high jack your thread tony get yours first!)

dogofwar

CCA Members
So the good news: found the pump and it's a mag 12.

The bad news: it's missing the magnetic impeller piece but has the impeller itself. I remember using it to pump aged water through my auto water change system in Cali but not what happened to the impeller

Tony - it's your if I can watch your cichlid movie ;)

Matt

dogofwar

CCA Members
As an aside, I use a lot of above the tank or dump filters because you don't lose much pumping power with this set up. Maybe a foot or 18" vs 5 or 6 feet with a sump.

They can be a bit louder but not necessarily

Matt

Tony

Awesome. Thanks fellas.

Matt - I think I can buy just the impeller online, so that will definitely work. We'll figure out a fair price. :)

Jose - If Matt has his, go ahead and find yours for Wil.

Wil - Glad you could find a pump as well.

I love it when things work out. :)