• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

wtb fire fin comps

RIFT_LAKES_RULE

Member of the Darkside Tang's Rule!
Unfortunately no. The grow out tank I was using for them is now inhabited by an impulse auction buy Julidochromis group... :lol: I need to get off my butt and finish setting up the fish room. I've got an empty rack, empty tanks, poret foam, pvc, airline/valves... all I need is motivation.

It takes about a year to grow them out to 1 1/4" so I figured I'd quit growing them out till I had plenty of tanks set up downstairs.

RIFT_LAKES_RULE

Member of the Darkside Tang's Rule!
The red fins are different from mine. Mine look more like Lufubu to me than any other comp that I've seen.

Zeke8-10-09.jpg

There is no official classification for "fire fin" comps, nobody knows for sure what is and isn't a fire fin. There are only opinions, mine were imported as fire fins but who knows. It's definitely a tag line that brings more money, that is the only thing we know for sure. From all my research, basically any comp that has red in the fins is labeled by the collectors as fire fins which will bring them more money, no collection point is assigned to them which makes me even more suspect. I'm happy with mine and to me he's quite special... and so far everyone that's seen him in person has been blown away which makes him even more special to me.

Until there is a formal classification for "fire fin" comp's, we'll never be certain as to what actually is a "fire fin", it's all in the eye of the beholder. That's my opinion anyway ;)

I also don't think we'll ever see a formal classification, but we'll continue to see them imported as such... again, my opinion ;)