• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

WTB AC 110/500 Lid

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Oh thats funny.
I put a box of misc stuff out for the trash man this morning with two of them in it.

I should have more. I will look for you.

danger_chicken

Swim Fishy Swim!
That fishplace stocks them too. You could build a new ac110 from parts at TFP. I got lucky last Oct. I bought a used 110 on CL with no lid, the same day I bought a 75 and 90 from another guy and found an ac110 lid in the gravel. It was a good fish day.

toddnbecka

Members
I called my lfs, they have one for $10 since it's used, said $15 for a new one. :eek: For that price I'll drill a small hole in a piece of plexiglass and set it on top of the filter to cut down on evaporation. It's not a show tank, just a 75 gallon in the basement for growing out fry. The glass tops are two former stereo stand doors. Tempered glass, they hang out over the back a couple inches but serve the porpose well enough.

toddnbecka

Members
Actually not, after I took a closer look I saw that the intake sits a bit higher than the outside of the housing. A flat piece if plexi wouldn't work, and bowing it would be worse.