• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

WooHoo, My 55 Gallon tank is up, cycled and STOCKED!

Bill V

Members
The tank finished cycling this last weekend, and I got all the fish in last night. I went with 3 species in the tank. I have 7 Yellow Labs (2M:5F) that range from 2.5” to the big male at 3”. Metriaclima Cyneusmarginatus Nkhomo Reef, this is a rare fish. It is a periwinkle color (blueish purple) and the male shows a color pattern similar to a White Top Hara. It’s a pretty mild mannered species also. I have 5. I definitely have 1 male, possibly 2; only one is displaying any color. They are all about 3” long. Females are the periwinkle color. Last 6 Rustys. These are tiny, an inch at most.
My background is a Universal Rocks, “Rocky” slim background. Eheim 2217, AC110, 48” Current Satellite Plus LED (love the ability to change colors and the cloud and lighting effects are awesome), 40Lbs of CaribSea “Sahara” sand. Rocks came locally from the yard, and around where I live. I’m pretty pleased with the look. Oh, and I have a ten gallon and 20 waiting to be used just in case I get fry or need a hospital tank. I need to pick up a sponge filter with an air pump or power head (leaning towards power head). Any recommendations for a quiet air pump or power head?

I got my fish from Jay at Cichilds are Special! What a great guy and great experience buying from him. He was very helpful and answered my multitude of questions. He was always prompt in getting back t me, adn I got my fish the day I ordered them! The fish are nice and large too! Great!!!

Here are some really bad pictures from my phone.
Before fish:

Metriaclima Cyneusmarginatus Nkhomo Reef

Loaded with fish
[/url

Bill V

Members
Nicer pictures

thanks for the compliments. here are some nicer pictures:

Metriaclima Cyneusmarginatus Nkhomo Reef

Tank