• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Woof. When it rains...

Plenipotentiary-at-large
...it pours (fry). Just pulled 150 Biotodoma cupido fry out of a community 75. (All hail to the "stuff them with bloodworms for 3 days before you leave for a week diet".) That's 2 spawns from this lot in 2 weeks, really like that I get a second chance, hopefully these won't starve to death while I'm overseas like the last bunch.

This is a very nice species, one of my favorites, do hope I can spread these (and the A. oblongums) around CCA ere long.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Great job on the cupidos. I've read that they are not the easiest fish to spawn. Any chance you could submit them for the BAP? They are currently in the lead for the spawn of the year on the ACA website.

Plenipotentiary-at-large
I just bet

They are currently in the lead for the spawn of the year on the ACA website.

Spawn of the year? You must be kidding. Great phrasing in any case, and if true, have to say it's a pity it's specific to fish.

So what does "spawn of the year" mean exactly? That the species is a target or that it's subjectively the coolest/most difficult thing anyone has bred so far this year who's a member of the ACA or is it something else?
Most importantly, is there a prize or something that accrues awe and envy of CCA?:D

Last: Pretty sure I became an ACA member when I paid my fee for the Convention last year, but how does one go about getting registered to use the site?

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Sam:

The ACA board (or portion thereof) selected 10 or so spawns out of all the BAP entrants that submitted to the ACA. The list consists of rare, hard to spawn fish. ACA members vote on line and at the convention for the "spawn of the year". Right now, the cupidos have the most votes. Just goes to show that you are absolutely doing something right. You have spawned a difficult fish just by keeping them happy.

As far as the ACA site is concerned, it is a bit of a mess. Try sending a PM to Claudia Dickinson (at ACA) for help if you can't navigate it.

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Coup d'etat musing

As far as the ACA site is concerned, it is a bit of a mess. Try sending a PM to Claudia Dickinson (at ACA) for help if you can't navigate it.

Site seems not quite dead but pretty nearly on life support. Guessing the membership is too distributed to make it anywhere near as dynamic as a regional outfit like CCA that has monthly as opposed to annual meetings. I'll stop there...

turfboss

Members
Valid thoughts Sam - I have been a member of ACA since I joined CCA and PVAS and have only been on the site - maybe twice - since all the activity is here locally - but Jon is correct - send Claudia a PM and she will help you out if you are having any problems - she is very responsive.

dogofwar

CCA Members
Andrew and me are (new) on the board of the ACA. Pat and Li have also served.

I'm still trying to figure out how the organization works. Not as much information sharing as one might expect...

Matt