• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Wood stand for two 40g Breeders $30

Charlutz

Members
I built a new rack for my fishroom and no longer have use for this stand. It was built to hold two 40 breeder tanks. Not the best picture as I took it to show the construction but hopefully enough to give you an idea of what it looks like. It will hold a ton of weight (2x4's) so bigger tanks with the same footprint will fit. There is 6.5-7" of space between the top of the bottom tank and the cross rail holding the top tank, so approximately 23" of height on the lower level. It needs to be restained and cleaned up but it's commonly available Behr (Home Depot) stain. I might even have a can laying around that you can have.

IMG_6545.jpg

Charlutz

Members
Sure. I'll probably have to take the legs off to get it in the car. Do you have a power screwdriver to reassemble it?

chris_todd

Members
Dangit, dangit, dangit, I really could have used this! Shoot, I should have checked in earlier today, but work has been busy lately.

Prince, is there any way I could convince you to let me buy it instead? I'm about to get a bunch of assorted peacocks from Jen, I'd be happy to let you have some (I won't have space for all of them anyway). Can we work a deal of some kind?

chris_todd

Members
Yeah, DIY stands aren't hard (I've built two so far), it's more the issue of time for me. This was just one of those cases where something that was exactly what I needed became available at a very good price, and I missed it, LOL.

I decided to keep it simple, though, since I don't need something pretty (or even permanent), I stopped by HD on the way home tonight and picked up some cinder blocks. I already had 2x4s and plywood.