• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Wired Eagle

Notice the antenna that is attached to a tracking device installed in the back of this Bald Eagle. Took the shot today.
7a1aConEagles103008.jpg

Well, I was at a 340mm focal length before I cropped it to make the picture more close up. I'm guessing about 75 yards. :confused0083:

Here is what I saw through the viewfinder before I cropped it.

7a1bConEagles103008.jpg

RIFT_LAKES_RULE

Member of the Darkside Tang's Rule!
<span style="color:#008000">That is a really cool pic bald eagles are one of the coolest things on the planet, not to mention it is a "tagged" eagle. I'm browsing thru your website and your pictures are absolutely the best quality fish pic's I've ever seen. Unfortunately for you, I'll probably be bugging you nonstop for information on taking such quality pictures, not to mention editing them. I'm sure my eos rebel isn't nearly as good as what your using, maybe if I get a good lense it'll help out. Keep up the good work, I'll be blowing the dust off my camera and practicing up.

Mike</span>

Hey Mike, thanks for the kind words. However, you may have noticed that my website hasn't been updated in about a year. I don't take the time to add more recent photos. Just not into promoting my images or sharing them like I used to. However, when I take an interesting capture, I enjoy sharing it with my friends. :D

maddog10

Members
Looks like someone is in the same boat as me, need to get the sensor cleaned :rolleyes:
I have 5 or 6 spots that I always need to clean up.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Looks like someone is in the same boat as me, need to get the sensor cleaned rolleyes.gif
I have 5 or 6 spots that I always need to clean up.[/b]

Actually I think the sensor is okay. The tc may need a little wiping clean. I don't get the spots when I don't use it. :unsure:

maddog10

Members
Yours is an easier fix than mine. I had it cleaned once and it started showing spots again within 2 weeks. I need to be a bit more cautious when changing lenses, I let too much dust inside.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Now thats pretty cool.
I never realized that the antenna was so big.
You would think it would cause him problems in trees and such.

Nice catch.