• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Who spawned in your tank today

thedavidzoo

Members
OMG, I have been grumbling about my lazy yellow calvus lately. My multis recently spawned, my one of my paracyps is holding, (thought a Callochromis was holding, but alas), and today I glance at the tank and think:"that is a lot of fish poop in front of the calvus shell all of a sudden!"
You should have seen me scramble for cups, siphon tubes, etc. trying to get them out before they became "fish food". Not the most delicate retrieval operation, but I have about 22 in a breeder box now. I'm sure a few got munched (that sneaky goby) and there might still be some in the shell.

Pic of the proud parents. I have my 2nd female in another shell next door to the first. Maybe there is something happening in there also as I saw the male visit both shells within a few hours of eachother one day.

Multi fry between the shells:

DSC09410.jpg

Calvus fry
DSC09416.jpg
DSC09415.jpg

Proud parents:
DSC09421.jpg

blkmjk

Members
ex-cichlosama salvini
parathaps synspilium
parachromis fredrichstalli "Rio Danto" yellow heads:happy0180:
and cons of course

I think Im going to have parachromis manguenese soon they are courting ATM;) Threw her (6'' female honduran) in the kill zone lets just say that she doesn't get along well with "freckles" 7''male umbee. But he dosen't like anybody.

And something tells me that someone on here will have some nandopsis tetracantus soon.... Call it a hunch.:D

Edit: oops didn't see this is in the wrong forum. Well maybe I will get some old world guys to google these fish and be interested in NEW MOST AWESOME WORLD fish.

Drew

Last edited:

minifoot77

Members
OMG, I have been grumbling about my lazy yellow calvus lately. My multis recently spawned, my one of my paracyps is holding, (thought a Callochromis was holding, but alas), and today I glance at the tank and think:"that is a lot of fish poop in front of the calvus shell all of a sudden!"
You should have seen me scramble for cups, siphon tubes, etc. trying to get them out before they became "fish food". Not the most delicate retrieval operation, but I have about 22 in a breeder box now. I'm sure a few got munched (that sneaky goby) and there might still be some in the shell.

Pic of the proud parents. I have my 2nd female in another shell next door to the first. Maybe there is something happening in there also as I saw the male visit both shells within a few hours of eachother one day.

Multi fry between the shells:

DSC09410.jpg

Calvus fry
DSC09416.jpg
DSC09415.jpg

Proud parents:
DSC09421.jpg
Glad to see my calvus doin good :)

Sent from my M865 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

dogofwar

CCA Members
Snagged a pot of wigglers of Amatitlania siquia "Rio Claro Red Fin" cons and moved them to a grow out net breeder. Anyone else breeding this strain of cons? Mine are F1s that I got from Ken Davis (who collected the parents in Honduras) a few years ago.

Also, wild pair of Australoheros sp. "Local" from
Cañada del Local, Uruguay spawned and raising fry. These are one of my favorite varieties of Chanchitos...old school San Diego Padre colors: http://www.aqvaterra.com/cichlids_australoheros_n_sp_local.php

Matt​

Wblaze

Members
I tried to strip my clown lab but could not get her to spit -- they must be eggs still. I was afraid I was going to hurt her

thedavidzoo

Members
Minifoot, they are doing great!
Today I caught the second batch of calvus fry from the 2nd female. Another 20 or so.
Did you ever strip your paracyps? She has been holding for 16 days.

minifoot77

Members
Minifoot, they are doing great!
Today I caught the second batch of calvus fry from the 2nd female. Another 20 or so.
Did you ever strip your paracyps? She has been holding for 16 days.

I always stripped the paras and good job on the calvus in a year or two when they make it over an inch ill take some from you :p

Sent from my M865 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

dogofwar

CCA Members
Another batch of Amatitlania siquia "Rio Claro Red Fins" today...

Aequidens mariae are trying to breed...but baby neets that sneaked under the Poret divider when they were fry and are now 2" are corkblocking them. Anyone want some neets?!?

Matt

The parents didn't spawn today more like 4 weeks ago, but the fry finally came out today after being held in the male's mouth for the entire time. My Betta macrostoma male also got his first meal in a month and some of the fry are starting their first meal as well.

fishman13

Members
Crazyest thing. My 4 angels 2 males and 2 females decided to have a 4 some and raise there two batches of fry togeather:eek::confused0054::confused0068:. Go Figure