• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Where I Can Get Lava Rocks/ Coral?

I hate to pay arm and leg for lava rocks...do you all anyone know where can i get some from masonry? nursery? The nearest nursery i found is on Old court rd but they are closed for the season...any suggestion?

Homedepot has some red lava but it's so small in a bag...

i just need some ..for 30g tank

thanks

Laxison

Members
There's a rock place on Guide Drive in Rockville and I'm drawing a blank on the name. I don't know if it has lava rock, but that's a place you can try. It'd be worth a shot.

There's a rock place on Guide Drive in Rockville and I'm drawing a blank on the name. I don't know if it has lava rock, but that's a place you can try. It'd be worth a shot.
[/b]

hmm how far from ellicott city?LOL

Laxison

Members
ohhh, well, that'd be a bit of a hike for you! If you ever want to make the trip, the place is called Irwin Stone (http://www.irwinstone.com/). Again, I don't know if they have lava rock, but it may be worth a shot to give them a call to see.

mscichlid

Founder
We had a long discussion somewhere on here about rocks (can't find the link) and there is a stone place in Glen Burnie that is supposed to carry a large variety of stone.

If someone can remember the name of the place, please post it here!

Francine

We had a long discussion somewhere on here about rocks (can't find the link) and there is a stone place in Glen Burnie that is supposed to carry a large variety of stone.

Francine
[/b]

thanks in advance.....

wonder if i can glue them lava with silicon?

marge618

CCA member
<div class='quotemain'>

Francine[/b]

thanks in advance.....

[/b][/quote]

:rolleyes: Hi. This response is probably way too late. There is a member of CCA who brought rocks glued together for another member. I am sure therefor, that it works and it looks great!

marge618

CCA member
<div class='quotemain'>

Francine[/b]

thanks in advance.....

[/b][/quote]

:rolleyes: Hi. This response is probably way too late. At a meeting maybe 6 months ago. I met a member of CCA who brought rocks glued together for another members fishtank. The glued rocks looked very natural..lots of hiding spaces and interesting colors. I am sure therefore, that it works and it looks great!