• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

What did you get at the ECC?

mrkillie

Members
I picked up some Lamp. speciosis, Lamp. bevis minutus, Lamp. hecqui, Altolamp. compressiceps black, Cryptoheros sajica, Thorichthys maculipinnis, and Corydoras robinae. How about you?

Cartel

Members
I got a bag of dimidiochromis compressiceps, champsochromis, 2 male blue ahlis, and a male stigmatochromis I could have stolen alot more fish but knew I had no room at home. That quickly answered what goes in the 29 for now....

kaj41354

Members
Lets see -- Alto. compressiceps Kambwimba "yellow" and Cyp. leptosoma Chituta

Great looking fish and it was a great time

emartin

Members
I got a wildcaught 7-8" Nimbochromis linni, male I think (vent looked like it was a male)...dirt cheap too! It was donated by ValleyAquatics.

Other than dry goods I didn't win anything else this time.

Spine

Members
I got Astatheros rostrata, Cichlasoma dimerus, Gymnogeophagus "Muerte creek", Hemichromis sp. moanda, and some Herichthys sp. "Turquoise" fry. I missed out on Talapia gutterosa, It must have come up during a restroom break,if anyone has some let me know.

I also got Telmatochromis "Red Cheek" and Xystichromis sp. "Dayglow fulu" after Tony informed me that I wouldn't be allowed back in his car(have to walk home or ride on the roof rack) with less than 2 bags of African cichlid's that have names that no one can pronounce. I would also like to thank Mike(DiscusnAfricans) for throwing in a bag of Placidochromis Electra(Deepwater Haps) for insurance:D

Last edited:

Leffler817

CCA Members
Big thanks to Mike(DiscusnAfricans). I had to leave the auction earlier then I wanted to and he scored me a group of Cyprichromis Lepto. Jumbo 'Blue Orchids'. For a steal, too!!! Thank you so much man. :happy0180:

And I won an L270 in the raffle. :jumpy: Whoopie!!!

There was suppsoed to be a M/F pair of Gold Nugget Plecos, anyone see them I missed out on that one. :confused0083:

And I missed the Black Occies too...:mad0259: :angry3:

mrkillie

Members
Big thanks to Mike(DiscusnAfricans). I had to leave the auction earlier then I wanted to and he scored me a group of Cyprichromis Lepto. Jumbo 'Blue Orchids'. For a steal, too!!! Thank you so much man. :happy0180:

And I won an L270 in the raffle. :jumpy: Whoopie!!!

There was suppsoed to be a M/F pair of Gold Nugget Plecos, anyone see them I missed out on that one. :confused0083:

And I missed the Black Occies too...:mad0259: :angry3:

There were a few things on the list that I didn't see-including those plecos, the millenium rainbows, and a pair of Ps. nicholsi. I guess someone didn't show up!

If I had known 2 of the black occies would be DOA inthe bag, I'd have let you have them ;)

mrkillie

Members
Please breed them and to share/bring to auctions.

That is the plan! Hopefully I have mixed sexes - I can't really tell. I thought there was 2 males & 2 females, but who knows. Of course, the first site I see them on when trying to get more info says keep in groups of at least 5-and there was 4 in the bag.:confused:

F8LBITE

Members
That is the plan! Hopefully I have mixed sexes - I can't really tell. I thought there was 2 males & 2 females, but who knows. Of course, the first site I see them on when trying to get more info says keep in groups of at least 5-and there was 4 in the bag.:confused:

I got some Robinae's from Julie a while back and they were really cool cories but didnt do well in 84F temps. Good luck with them, I have never seen them other than at Julies.

mrkillie

Members
Oh no! How many were in the bag overall? I hope you have a good mix to breed them.

5 altogether, so I have 3 left-and they weren't looking too good. I'm gonna see what they look like when they get totally settled in and maybe try to get someone to pick some up at the OCA.

mab

Members

Don't believe everything you read -- more importantly the fish don't read - if you provide good conditions and they want to breed they will. I've successfully bred and raised fry from just two cories - obviously opposite sex. I try to aim for breeding groups of three to five (1 or 2 females to 2 to 3 males) - but that is the ideal in the literature. What I have found is that too large of a group discourages breeding. I'm working with about a dozen species of cories - the successful production breeding groups are two to five in number. However, I do have a few species tanks of cories that are essentially self-perpetuating populations, these are heavily planted tanks with multiple generations.

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
I also got Telmatochromis "Red Cheek" and Xystichromis sp. "Dayglow fulu" after Tony informed me that I wouldn't be allowed back in his car(have to walk home or ride on the roof rack) with less than 2 bags of African cichlid's that have names that no one can pronounce. /QUOTE]

HA!

I picked up a few things. Mostly wild caught haps donated from Valley Aquatics (Thanks Steve!). Also got a groups of caudopunks, red cap lethrinops, a male ahli, borleyi and Aulonocara masoni.

I picked up a decent size pair of yellow Altolamps for Caleb.

The wild caught haps are amazing. I am still floored over getting these things. 4-5 different species, most of which I have never seen for sale before, all 4"-5" and bigger. I think I got 15 or so of them in total. I will set up a separate thread with pictures when I get a chance to upload them.

Thanks again Bill and crew for hooking this up. It did not disappoint.