• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

What a Storm!

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Man, that was one heck of a storm that came through Frederick County! I could not even see my car 20 feet away in the drive way. I lost power at about 7:00, so I went to the shed to get out the generator to hook up the fridges and fish tanks. After pulling the generator up to the house, running extension cords through the house, plugging in all the necessary plugs, and struggling to get the generator started (I had not run it since winter time), everything appeared okay. I called the power company, and they estimated that the power would not be back on until 11:00 PM, so I went to check to see how much fuel I had for the generator. All the gas cans were empty:angry:! So back in the house, scrounge around in the dark to find my keys and wallet, argued with the kids why they needed to stay home as I was just going to the gas station, finally headed out to get the gas. Just as I reached the end of the driveway, the power comes back on!

It's been that kind of week.

Lively

Members
ROFL! Thank you for the laugh! Sounds like something that would happen to me. It hit here hard, but we only had a flicker on the lights - got lucky this time. Hubby groused because just before it hit he decided to water all the plants we just recently put into the ground.

dogofwar

CCA Members
I got a big battery-powered airpump from Kensfish.com at the ACA for just these kinds of nights.

It runs continuously via plug but keeps a recharable battery charged for when the power goes off.

It has enough power to support about 8-10 sponge filters, which will take care of my tanks that are heavily populated enough to need air in the event of an outage.

$60 for a lot of piece of mind :) I also have a few D-battery powered ones...

iamzrad

Members
My power went out yesterday. Stupid truck hit a power pole and took out my whole neighborhood. But the rains today were insane! I'm just coming in and driving back in a fast RWD car, hydroplaning is not that much fun lol.