• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Welcome Swim Lil Fishy Swim

RIFT_LAKES_RULE

Member of the Darkside Tang's Rule!
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pat Kelly @ Oct 28 2008, 10:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Welcome to the forum swim lil fishy swim.

Tell everyone a little about yourself.

[/b]
Hi everyone. Name is Mike, live in Hedgesville WV (Eastern Panhandle) 30 miles from Hagerstown MD. I moved here 5 yrs ago from Arkansas. I kept Malawi Mbuna's till I moved. I just finished building my house and I'm finally settling in permanently. I'm anxious to get my 55 gal set back up and stocked with more Mbunas. I've been looking around for a while on the net trying to find a new home, I was a member of the African Cichlids Resource Forums but they're not online anymore. After searching around I finally found a link to this club and it really seems like the place for me. I'm hoping to be able to come to a couple meetings a year and get the chance to meet everyone and hang out. Thanks again for letting me in.

marge618

CCA member
Hello Mike,
Welcome to the forum. :sign0201:
You will find that CCA is a great bunch of fish folks. One of the best features of the club is this forum. You can ask any fish related question you have here... and get input that is helpful.

Once you have been to a meeting you will see why so many of us keep coming back.
1. Great group of people (It's more fun when you can meet the people you chat with on the forum.)
2. Good speakers
3. A mini auction at the end of the meeting (maybe some Mbunas for that 55)
4. Snacks (2 or 3 kinds of chicken wings)
5. Pre and post meeting discussion here on the forum

I am looking forward to your posts.

kaj41354

Members
Welcome Mike - My wife and I used to live in Martinsburg now we are in SC PA---Hope to see you at a meeting soon

RIFT_LAKES_RULE

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I'll definitely come to the meeting to hear Ad Konings, maybe even sooner. I've got a friend that has all salt tanks, no real interest in cichlids yet, (I'm looking to change that) He will be coming with me. I told him he would really appreciate Ad's passion and knowledge and that it'd be a great time hanging out with other hobbyists and he agreed. I'm really getting the bug again, It'll be a while before I'm watching fish swimming in my living room again tho. Gotta get the tank set up, cycled, decide exactly which species I'm getting, find a breeder that has them etc. etc. :wacko: Thanks again for giving me access to the forum, I'm really enjoying it. Mike

RIFT_LAKES_RULE

<span style="font-family:Century Gothic">

He does have great taste in fishies tho...... Just had to throw that out there, not that I'm partial to any certain cichlids or fish in general of course..... :wink: </span>

Mike :party0007: