• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Web Site is now Automated

Jay

CCA Members
New automated web site for Cichlids Are Special is now up and running.

This site allows customers to purchase fish by adding them to a cart and checking out. It is no longer necessary to email me to request the fish you want to purchase. You can now do this directly from the web site.

Shipping by Fed Ex will now be calculated by the system and the amount will be added to your bill at time of check out if you choose to use Fed Ex shipping. A handling fee will be added to this calculation for new boxes ($6.00 currently) and heat packs ($3.00 per box) in winter. When I have free used boxes available, the fee for boxes will go away. In warm weather the fee for heat packs will go away as well.

Shipping choices are limited to one or two days in transit times depending on weather. In cooler weather shipping is limited to one day in transit. In warmer weather, the in transit time is increased to up to two days. During cold weather (under 33F day or night) a shipping delay warning is posted at time of check out. I do not ship when the temperature drops to freezing because heat packs can fail in freezing temperatures and you fish may die in transit.

You also can choose a local pick up if you like. On local pick ups you will have the choice of paying in cash when you pick up your fish or to pay by Pay Pal in advance. The same applies for free delivery of fish to a CCA meeting in Silver Spring, MD when I am attending one of their meetings. A list of the meetings I plan to attend is on on my club meetings page. Cichlids Are Special is a sponsor of the CCA.

When you make your first purchase, you will need to log into the site and create your personal password. Once you complete your first purchase, you will be automatically enrolled in the Discount Club for future purchases. If you are a current discount club member or if you purchased fish previously from me, please log into the new site and I will manually upgrade you to the Discount Club.

Discounts on the web site are now calculated by the site automatically on a percentage basis. The percentage off increases based on the cost of each individual fish or group (three sex uncertain) depending on the cost of the fish. When you choose a male and a female or a male and two females a discount for buying a pair or trio is calculated by the system in the same manner. Pair and Trio Only choices already have this figured into their pricing. Discount members get a larger percentage off than first time buyers. To get this larger discount you must be logged into the site and recognized as a Discount Club member. Old discount numbers no longer apply and should be discarded.

Discount Coupons are available for larger purchases. Code for these discounts are located on the banners at the top of my home page.

There is a place to leave a testimonial, and, or review on the web site. Customers are encouraged to do this when ever possible.

Also reviews on www.cichlid-forum.com are greatly appreciated. To leave a review on cichld-forum, go to http://www.cichlid-forum.com/reviews/retailer_display.php?CatID=002, choose Cichlids Are Special from the drop down, click jump, and follow the directions on how to leave a review. Cichlids Are Special is a sponsor of this site. These reviews create back links that help keep Cichlids Are Special listed on the first page of Google and other search engines, which helps new customers find my site.

A special thank you to all my customers and to James Delgado who have made this upgrade possible.