• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

WaPo article on local guppy breeder

mchambers

Former CCA member
What's really funny is that his water is soft and acidic, so he has to condition it for guppies. Too bad he's not an apisto breeder.

dogofwar

CCA Members
Back in the '80s, new strains of fancy guppies were some of the most expensive and sought after fish around. I remember seeing pairs of the latest and greatest going for $75 in my LFS (circa 1984).

My first thought when I read the article was that we should send a letter to the editor about CCA: over 200 members, including lots of kids and younger members, growing rapidly, able to bring speakers and fish from around the world, etc.

My wife's first comment was, "You're not going to start keeping guppies now, are you?" ;)

Matt

mchambers

Former CCA member
My first thought when I read the article was that we should send a letter to the editor about CCA: over 200 members, including lots of kids and younger members, growing rapidly, able to bring speakers and fish from around the world, etc.
I had the same thought, although last year's convention would have been a better opportunity to get coverage. Still, it's a good idea.

dogofwar

CCA Members
Believe me that I emailed and spoke with every newspaper, television station and other possible news outlet in the area before and during the ACA convention...

Some said they would cover it. Timing was wrong, I guess :confused:

Matt

I had the same thought, although last year's convention would have been a better opportunity to get coverage. Still, it's a good idea.

mchambers

Former CCA member
Thanks for trying! I've been wondering if the weekly news show on WAMU, Metro Connection, might cover the local clubs. I don't really have any connections there, however.

dogofwar

CCA Members
I emailed and left phone messages for them all... even "The Animal House" Radio show...

Probably worth a try for our next event!

Matt