• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Wanted : 180 Gallon

davidhusker

Members
Im going to be moving some fish, and was wondering if anyone has a 180 they are looking to get rid of. Also if anyone has the time, or knowledge, how much would a 180 cost at the fish stores in the area? Thanks

longstocking

Members
I have no idea what a new 180 would cost. I haven't bought a new tank for years. Andrew on this board could probably help you out in that area. He is one of the club sponsors that is a hobbyist that decided to open up a store :)

Does it have to look pretty? If not, try apexpredator on this board. He has a 150 for sale... very reasonable.

davidhusker

Members
Well sort of pretty i guess. A 150 wouldnt be "worth it" to me. I have a 125 and a move to a 150 doesnt seem as logical. Im trying to get a 180 so that my fish that are currently in my 360 can go in it. The fact that it is a 6x2x2 makes it better for the size of my fish as apposed to a 150 witch is just 18" deep. Basically my options are to keep my 125 and move my mbuna with me to maryland, or find a 180 and move my haps, and then sell my 125. And i would MUCH rather take my show fish than my mbuna. Thanks!

dogofwar

CCA Members
There's always the DIY route as well...

Andrew would be your best bet for a quote for a new tank set up...

Matt

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (davidhusker @ Dec 26 2008, 11:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Well sort of pretty i guess. A 150 wouldnt be "worth it" to me. I have a 125 and a move to a 150 doesnt seem as logical. Im trying to get a 180 so that my fish that are currently in my 360 can go in it. The fact that it is a 6x2x2 makes it better for the size of my fish as apposed to a 150 witch is just 18" deep. Basically my options are to keep my 125 and move my mbuna with me to maryland, or find a 180 and move my haps, and then sell my 125. And i would MUCH rather take my show fish than my mbuna. Thanks![/b]

longstocking

Members
You could also try glasscages.com A lot of the "bigger breeders" use them in this area. They are located down in TN I think.... but they come up to upper VA quite a bit.

I have quite a few of their tanks... not a problem for years. But, they are not "pretty tanks". You could get any size you want.... I have a 125 that is 6 foot by 2 foot by them. I love it !!

cholile

Members
in what way are glasscages tanks not pretty? what about the rimless tanks? curious if i should ever buy from them

Artee

Members
here is what I may free up this weekend pending pick up of inhabitants.

180 acrylic with center overflow, some scratches but can be buffed out with some elbow grease

180 reef ready aga black trim with matching pine stand, includes glass tops, original durso pipes, 300 gal rated proaquatics wet dry with bioballs, mag 12 return pump and all hoses/check valves.

let me know if you are interested and we can discuss , just Pm me.

davidhusker

Members
Artee,
For some reason i dont think my PM's are working, I recieved PM's from members but now they are gone, and when i send a PM it doesnt appear in my "sent messages". I cant even look at member profiles, it says i dont have permissions to do that. So I think you're not getting the messages I sent, or anybody for that matter.

Anyhow..
I am interested in either setup. Would prefer the stand and glass since it is in nicer shape, but wouldnt have a problem with the acrylic either. Just let me know either way, i will be flying in and hopefully have my house on the weekend of Jan 17th or Jan 23rd. I could pick up and pay then, very interested, shoot me some #'s. mrracer3d@yahoo.com