• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Updated 50

Howie

Members
I just updated my 50 SA/CA tank. It is my first cichlid tank that I set up 2 years ago, and had every conceivable Asian ornament that Petsmart and Petco offered along with 80 lbs of gravel that trapped alot of detritus that my Eheim gravel vac was never able to totally clean.

I opted for a minimalist look with only 30 lbs of white PFS and just a few pieces of holey rock. I have my original group from Petsmart (tiger oscar. albino oscar, blood red parrot, JD, red devil) that were tiny juvies and have grown to be huge tank busters along with Terrell's big, beautiful Coats and Thai's awesome Red Texas.

My 11 other tanks are all Africans (thanks to Reed), but this tank has sentimental value.

50-SA.JPG

50 SA2.JPG

Last edited:

Aqua410

Members
How do you keep the nitrates under control with that many fish in a 50 gallon? I have a single GT in a 55g and I need to do weekly changes. Holey rock tends to raise the ph and you have soft water fish in there what's your ph in the tank?